Nor cal mini bike get together, show and swap meet .June 21st , oakley ca

Soooo I'm pretty sure my flathead is done for....blocks cracked, super bummer considering show is a month away. Man this kills me. Anybody got a spare block? I'll rebuild my motor at then show if I have too haha

Bikerscum

What's odd is that he mentions you and OldMiniBikes by name in his latest ad, mentions this thread... but won't post here who he is?

:shrug:

Last edited:
MiniBike Tom put a local ad up on craigslist about the get together! If you search for "mini bike" on sfbay craigslist it should come up somewhere. We were actually just talking about this today, can't wait.
Bike worm knows him apparently. ^^^^

Why am I the only one out of the loop here? He has even talked to the owner of the marina apparently and has yet to get in touch with me. I have retrieved his his phone number from the ad and will attempt to get ahold of him

Last edited:
Bike worm knows him apparently. ^^^^

Why am I the only one out of the loop here? He has even talked to the owner of the marina apparently and has yet to get in touch with me. I have retrieved his his phone number from the ad and will attempt to get ahold of him
Hey Cletus, dude ran an ad in Reno Craiglist, it was confusing to say the least. It said no riding except on a shoulder somewhere, but otherwise illegal to ride. I've been really looking forward to this, but if you can't ride.....

I happened to attend a Hawaiian Hula event at the Alameda Fairgrounds two weeks ago, THAT is the place to do it. You could camp, ride, make it a weekend. I already contacted them about staging an event there.

Anyway, I hope this year's event in Oakley happens ok.

Nope, not me. I'm not even sure I'll be able to make it, although I would like to. I really never know day to day much less that far ahead.

Funny thing is that I kept seeing that ad and thinking it was your ad. Never even clicked on it because I thought I already had the info lol

It's some sort of sarcastic post he's has, I don't know who he's making fun of or what his deal is but he is now officially annoying me. Starting to come off like a real prick. My guess is he's not on OldMiniBikes cause he already got banned.

Starting to think I should tell this guy to not bother showing up. Too much drama for me, just trying to get some laid back local guys to come chill and swap parts and barbecue, and no sorry guys we can't ride in the Marina I went over all that in the original post. I'm simply hosting a get together, show,and swap meet. That's what it's all about to me, but there is tons of trails out here and yeah I'm sure it's technically not allowed but I have a spot out behind the spoils ponds where nobody goes and there's at least a couple miles of deserted trail I can lead everyone to. That's all I got for riding so I guess if your not cool with just swapping parts and bbqin' and showin off your bikes then I'm sorry. You won't find a show or swap meet you can ride at anywhere even on the whole west coast . If you don't mind though, sweet I hope to see you there and a good time will be had either way.

Dee

So no chance of drag bike area I assume now ? We were gonna take the drive out from LA ... But these bikes are super loud and fast.. If it's gonna be a hassle racing them, we might as well stay put and buy beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have a few parts to spare and would still like go. And a nice ride on the miles of land sounds great. I hope you can get your bike back running in time. I was looking FOWARD to seeing it run.

Clive,

First off you put out on the world wide web that riding would be available, apparently that is not the case. Tom is trying to make it clear to everyone what exactly is going down as to not disappoint people coming from out of town. We have been building bikes for this event and we are solely interested in growing a northern California minibike community to share. If you are interested in forming more get togethers let me know!

Trust me I'm all for big get togethers and rides as much as the next guy here, but you have start somewhere and as of right now this is what I have available, trying to find a place that will let you ride these "deathtraps" as any property owner is going to see them as, is virtually impossible. The liability is too great, or the cost and time involved in securing a fairground or racetrack type event is just out of my means. But I do have an event area that I have access to that is 1) of minimal cost and 2) since there is no riding on location neither I, or the property owner are held responsible for anything. That's just how it is. You can't drag race your car at the good guys swap meet can you?