Noram clutch making a weird noise

jspbtown

I have a Noram clutch (not sure the model but it has 3 large shoes and its for a #35 chain. At low rpms (ie: idle) t=it occasionally makes a ringing noise. Almost like a "ting.........ting......toing". It goes away quickly but is kinda irritating.

I have taken it apart. It looks great. No obvious signs of metal to metal contact.

Any thoughts?

mustangfrank

I have a Noram clutch (not sure the model but it has 3 large shoes and its for a #35 chain. At low rpms (ie: idle) t=it occasionally makes a ringing noise. Almost like a "ting.........ting......toing". It goes away quickly but is kinda irritating.

I have taken it apart. It looks great. No obvious signs of metal to metal contact.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like you're describing the common noise the outer housing "clutch bell" makes when they get worn in a little bit.

I actually have a brings back childhood memories reaction to the pleasant ting ting of a clutch at idle or when rolling it while off so maybe there is something wrong if yours is irritating.

Maybe try whatever oil/maintenance that clutch calls for or try to take a video if you can get decent sound quality.

desert rat

Any thoughts?
To me it sounds like your idle maybe just a little low. If the motor is "thumping" at idle the shoes will ding the bell on the power stroke. Just a reminder, oil the bushing after every ride. I use strait 30 WT.