NORTHERN NEW YORK MINI BIKE FEST

there was a question about mufflers on facebook about the event. here
is the official event position:

"It is the position of the event property owner that event participants self-police themselves for all matters including mufflers. If you, as a participant, find someones' action, or muffler, unacceptable discuss the action and find an acceptable solution amongst yourselves. The property owner does not require specific equipment such as mufflers or sound suppression parts."

:D

everything is shaping up good. we had a good turnout and rick showed up out of the blue.

the loop is done, did rick send you some pictures? it came out nice under a canopy of trees.

george finished up his tent site, the assylum has a field stone BBQ they mortared up, looking pretty cool.

eric, ELT, started and pretty much finished a nice little foot bridge over the outlet of the swamp.

a bunch of tent sites were fixed up on the high side, each with a fire pit.

i think we are doing two more cleanup weekends, one in july and august.

edit: rick brought a dozen or so genuine wisconsin sausages which was lunch pork heaven. last year he gave me packages of sausage, it was like pork drugs. i hope he fills his trunk this year!
I did get the pics. It’s going to be a great year!

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
NOW THAT WINDBER IS OVER, TIME TO PLAN ON THE SEPTEMBER BIG EVENT IN UPSTATE NEW YORK. GET YOUR REGISTRATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SENT IN. FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SENT THEM IN ALREADY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
EVERYONE GET YOUR RESERVATIONS IN. WE NEED TO ORDER THE FOOD AND WILL NEED AN ACCURATE HEAD COUNT. WONT BE FAIR TO THOSE THAT SENT THEM IN IF YOU JUST SHOW UP AND WE DONT HAVE BREAKFAST OR DINNER FOR THOSE THAT PRE REGISTERED. GET YOUR SPOT PICKED AND AND RESERVE NOW. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE REGISTERED.

trail report:

inner loop - we had some significant rain and parts of the woods section has some standing water, 1/2 foot or so and ruts caused by runoff on some of the hills. some parts are fast, some will get you thinking. it is in "excellent shape" for a minibike with larger tires and suspension, atv's etc..

outer loop - this trail is fast and in excellent shape. gravel, dirt, and woods sections have maybe a few small ruts and pot holes but its good to go. the grass lake causeway was recently cleaned up by the town. the dirt section after the causeway is flat hard dirt up to the paved road.

south woods trail - this new trail runs from the bridge in rossie to the east shore of black lake. there are also trail sections that branch off and run north through an amish community, meaning dirt roads, up to heuvelton all told about 40 miles of dirt. the initial few miles of this trail are stone and crumbled asphalt, after that all gravel and dirt. this is a new trail for us, it was a cow trail and has over the years became a seasonal road for camp and farm access. large areas of this trail has no cell coverage, you will encounter cows, amish buggy's, and tractors along this trail as well as amish farm stands selling produce and baked goods.

rivergate trail - this trail is maintained by the indian river atv club and runs along a 27 mile section of a railroad bed from redwood to philadelphia. it is generally in good shape. access to the sandpit has been shut down by the sand pit operator. the club requires membership to use the trail. the trail is a mix of everything from standing water to hard packed gravel.

hope to see you for the final clean up day in august!

trail report:

took a ride on the south woods trail, this is the combination cow trail, seasonal road, and, dirt road. the first few miles are loose quartz and other aggregates, this section has some erosion due to the monsoons we had here over the few weeks. farther up it is flat and clear, shy of a few potholes, all the way to black lake road.

this will be the first year for this trail. from the fest site take either side of the inner loop to lead mine road. continue on lead mine road to the intersection. turn left onto county route 3. go into rossie and turn right at the bridge. continue up to south woods road on the left. that is the trail head. ahead of you is many miles of mixed use seasonal roads, trails, etc..

:scooter:

ELT

trail report:

took a ride on the south woods trail, this is the combination cow trail, seasonal road, and, dirt road. the first few miles are loose quartz and other aggregates, this section has some erosion due to the monsoons we had here over the few weeks. farther up it is flat and clear, shy of a few potholes, all the way to black lake road.

this will be the first year for this trail. from the fest site take either side of the inner loop to lead mine road. continue on lead mine road to the intersection. turn left onto county route 3. go into rossie and turn right at the bridge. continue up to south woods road on the left. that is the trail head. ahead of you is many miles of mixed use seasonal roads, trails, etc..

:scooter:
I'm looking forward to seeing some new county.