NOS Briggs 3hp

I found these today on Craigslist for a good deal so I went and picked them up. I doubt that this model ever came on a mini bike new but they are really nice engines. I don’t know what year they are but they have never had gas or oil in them. He also threw in an old work bench engine stand.

I’ve never ran into any nos engines like these, just thought I’d share FF623F9D-FB5A-435C-8957-20E3BBE6C460.jpeg 751FB20E-3410-43DF-BAEB-68DC2DA66536.jpeg B9CF2CAB-C476-44F6-BCAB-44A76A401E98.jpeg F86A29A2-6410-4C90-A264-6A5C28DAD53F.jpeg

The updraft carb allows for a remotely mounted tank. :) The Briggs engines with the pulsa jet/venturi carb require the tank right below the carb. These engines would be perfect for a number of mini bikes and tote gotes style bikes. In fact, with the updraft carb the tote gote style throttle linkage would work ideal on these. You lucked out with the having the magnetron ignition. IMO, the best era of briggs engines right here and def a great buy.

The updraft carb allows for a remotely mounted tank. :) The Briggs engines with the pulsa jet/venturi carb require the tank right below the carb. These engines would be perfect for a number of mini bikes and tote gotes style bikes. In fact, with the updraft carb the tote gote style throttle linkage would work ideal on these. You lucked out with the having the magnetron ignition. IMO, the best era of briggs engines right here and def a great buy.
That’s awesome, thanks! The only Briggs I’ve ever had like this never ran the greatest, but after looking at these engines I found some linkage I was missing. I figured it out today and now that engine runs great too! Already threw it on a bike to test it out. I can’t wait to get these nos engines on bikes. The man I bought these from has 3 more 3.5hp nos Briggs that I may pick up in the future too, they are a little bit newer and not an updraft carb either though
Can't get any better than that!
Thanks!

markus

Those are nice, still have the old style block setup that matches well with the 60's/70's but have the updated parts. They look like they have the dual intake lugs...I think you can run the intakes on them such as the straight and outward angle and the curvy elbow like the later new design engines, like this one a messed with a few years ago:

that would allow full use of the tank you have over the straight where it would start sputtering out at about half full.

oh yea, creative fill welding and stamping could turn an 8 into a 6 ;)

Those are nice, still have the old style block setup that matches well with the 60's/70's but have the updated parts. They look like they have the dual intake lugs...I think you can run the intakes on them such as the straight and outward angle and the curvy elbow like the later new design engines, like this one a messed with a few years ago:

that would allow full use of the tank you have over the straight where it would start sputtering out at about half full.

oh yea, creative fill welding and stamping could turn an 8 into a 6 ;)
That’s great, I’m happy I went to get these engines.

What kind of bike is that? Very cool look to it