NOS reverse for your sled

Anyone ever use one of these reverse gear boxes for a snowmobile? :glare: I have one that an old guy bought brand new for some contraption he was building, then went another way, and junked it.. I know they are an aftermarket piece you buy and throw in place of your old tunnel..

Do people still use em?
Are they any good? Can ya break em easily, or are they pulling tractor type stuff?

What are they worth. if anything?

Anyone need one? :laugh:

He said it was brand new never used like 20 years ago... :shrug:

Same guy same load scrapped a DANA bicycle TRANSMISSION!! :facepalm:

all kinds of goofy aftermarket tranny shit in that load.. :laugh:

Noo, this one is the older style with the long like 4 inch wide two halves. It looks about like a regular 1974 Ski Doo driven clutch and tube.. Ya know how the top half, outside, looks like?.. It looks like that pretty much, only it's all cast aluminum and instead of just a standard shaft your clutch is running on, it is split inside there with a little shifter lever that pulls in and out to switch ya back and forth forward reverse... Same idea I'm sure, but this one is like all one unit bolts in and goes ya... :scooter:

I'll see if I have a pic.. :glare:

This is what it looks like. You're driven clutch goes on the shaft showing, underneath is where your dual roller chain sprocket goes.. You yank that lever back and forth to shift it. I don't really see any kinda markings on it or anything. :shrug: