Not a big fan of this site.

I've posted adds, wanted,selling, looking for. No response, I was a supporting member. Seems you need to be part of the clique that runs the site to be noticed. If you are looking for a minibike for your kids to beat on with no history or no reputable manufacturer this is the place to come. If you need any rare parts for a rare bike you need to go to ebay. It's the truth!!:thefinger:::

Dude....easy now....there's lot's of good folks around here.

Lot's of knowledgeable, experienced, helpful folks, and the opportunity to make some good friends. I have nothing but good things to say about the OldMiniBikes !

I had decent luck with wanted ad's...if you don't get responses, it must mean no one has what you are seeking.

Come on back when you feel better. And have some fun on your mini bikes....especially with your kids. That's what it's all about.

This is a forum whereas eBay is a marketplace. Though this site may have a classified section, a forum is a place for discussion. I may check the classifieds while I'm on here, but I don't come here to shop. IMO, anyone who lists items for sale on here probably does so as a courtesy/favor to fellow forum members. They know there is a much greater audience on eBay and that they probably could get more money for their items by listing them there. You shouldn't be disappointed that this isn't another eBay any more than you should be disappointed that there aren't a bunch of fellow minibike enthusiasts to hang out with on eBay, like there are here. Looking through your previous posts, it appears that buying and selling have been your primary reasons for coming here, so your time probably would be better spent on eBay. There are a few exceptions, but mostly good, helpful folks on here; it's up to you whether you appreciate them (and the forum), or not.

Well my grandparents and my parents taught me that you get what you give.:shrug:

If you are using the place just to sell and buy then expect to get tire kickers. Not everyone wants what you have, nor may they have what you want.

If you came here to learn, as in my case, or share what you do know, then at least in my experience there are some great folks here. :thumbsup:

If you wish to make multiple threads about how you don't like it here, then yep, those of us that do are going to respond.
And if you don't like it here then I guess you can always leave and find somewhere else to go. :shrug:

At least in my case, if something isn't going right I'll ask why and what I need to do, and not complain that the place or deal isn't what I want it to be. :doah:

As for cliques here, well in a way each of us is our own clique. My neighbor couldn't give a flying flip about my bikes or race car. So I guess he's not in my clique. No big deal, I'm not going to whine that he's not frothing at the mouth about what I have, I'm just happy he's not complaining when I fire up one of them and cruise up and down the street.:laugh:

Forums are about sharing, back to the give and get. I'm a dumb donkey and I'll admit it on these, so I wouldn't know a one off from a one of a thousand. I come here to learn about them, and yeah I screw up and take my beatings, part of learning. But I'm also willing to help others, be it a part I might have or passing on something I've learned from the folks here. Now if you want to know about how to build a 4 banger that will smoke the Mustangs and Vettes on the track, there I can help you. :wink:

My neighbor couldn't give a flying flip about my bikes or race car. So I guess he's not in my clique. No big deal, I'm not going to whine that he's not frothing at the mouth about what I have, I'm just happy he's not complaining when I fire up one of them and cruise up and down the street.:laugh:
I must say that you are fortunate that they aren't complainers as is so often the case.

And I must say that I have the greatest neighbor in the world. He is an 83 year old Korean War Tank Commander. Fought in a Patton tank. I got on my desk top with the 32 inch monitor and then opened Google Earth for him and took him back to Japan where he was deployed and then to South Korea where they landed and pushed the North Koreans all the way back to the 38th Parallel.

He sat here in awe of seeing the towns that he was in and telling me about them when he was there. He hangs out in my shop when I am doing something interesting. I sometimes take him to the Swap meets when Bruce and I go. He has been to the Commerce, Ga. swap meet several times and we took him to the Charlotte Auto Fair last year. He is just in awe of all the stuff for sale... I think I am going to take him to the Charlotte Goodguys event this fall. He gets around better than me and just enjoys getting invited to these things. He has even ridden my Drift Trike. We took him to the local Lemans Karting place but he was afraid that he might get hurt. We will get him in one before its over.

Doug

And to the original poster$#%^&(#)(*_)#__@^%$!& Who cares........

I've posted adds, wanted,selling, looking for. No response, I was a supporting member. Seems you need to be part of the clique that runs the site to be noticed. If you are looking for a minibike for your kids to beat on with no history or no reputable manufacturer this is the place to come. If you need any rare parts for a rare bike you need to go to ebay. It's the truth!!:thefinger:::
Got ya something while I was out shopping today...

kleenex tissues.jpg

Well if this is your idea of trying to sell “I have a 68 TT500 engine fresh rebuild, all correct numbers. But it ain't cheap.”.You might want to start your own thread with pictures and a price as per the rules. But hoping to catch a fish probably won’t work here. If I had something rare and was willing to ship I would just put it on Ebay and then put a link to it here in the forum. Nobody is going to be upset when someone is trying to get top dollar. There are lots of flippers here. But there are also lots of people willing to help. Whether it be with parts,knowledge or even helping transport entire bikes... As far as cliques there really arent any. But there are groups of friends who for whatever reasons brought them together. Windber friendships are a great example.

I have been looking for a nice K&S bike for a long time, spending way more time that I should looking for one (my wife thinks I am working when I am sitting at the computer) Put an ad on "Wanted" on the OldMiniBikes, 1971_MB1A messaged me, sent me a photo and totally accurate description (it was not a creampuff). Paid him with Paypal, trusting some guy I never met with my payment. About week later the Fed Ex lady struggles up my driveway with a large box. My only complaint, the guy packed it so good it took me almost an hour to unpack it. Very happy. Plus I have asked a lot of questions on technical stuff that most of you more mechanical guys already know, and have had nothing but positive responses and great step-by step info from some very patient members. This site has been very good to me.

Hey, forums aren't meant to sell stuff. They're meant to trade information.

This forum is damn amazing at doing the job it's meant to do. ROCK ON OldMiniBikes!:punk:

Well if this is your idea of trying to sell “I have a 68 TT500 engine fresh rebuild, all correct numbers. But it ain't cheap.”.You might want to start your own thread with pictures and a price as per the rules. But hoping to catch a fish probably won’t work here. If I had something rare and was willing to ship I would just put it on Ebay and then put a link to it here in the forum. Nobody is going to be upset when someone is trying to get top dollar. There are lots of flippers here. But there are also lots of people willing to help. Whether it be with parts,knowledge or even helping transport entire bikes... As far as cliques there really arent any. But there are groups of friends who for whatever reasons brought them together. Windber friendships are a great example.
That is great:thefinger::thefinger:

Looking at you “posts”it seems like most were answered. It might help you to put [MENTION=22387]Name[/MENTION]
so people know you responded... either way time to finish this discussion on the “supporting member” forum... :001_tt2::001_tt2:

Let’s just agree that we’re all different. Too bad you couldn’t find what you wanted here. Best of luck finding it elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

Hello
I have had members answer guestions that I’m Sure thought were dum but still answered.I’ve had members help me get parts that are hard to find.I’ve met very helpful and knowlegable people always wanting to help.I purchased items here never having to worry about getting ripped off.I LOVE THIS SITE AND THE MEMBERS!!!

Last edited:
If it wasn't for the people on this site I would have just removed my governor and damaged my motor or hurt my self. Had a lot of help with my projects. Would not have the interest I do in mini bikes if it was not for this place. I am an @$$ and these guys still put up with my crap and help. Sounds like you are too. Also sounds like you been doing this a lot longer then me and probably have some pretty cool knowledge to share. Put some of those old parts to use and start a build log...

Looking at you “posts”it seems like most were answered. It might help you to put [MENTION=22387]Name[/MENTION]
so people know you responded... either way time to finish this discussion on the “supporting member” forum... :001_tt2::001_tt2:
Dilly Dilly! :laugh: