Not a Mini Bike but something I am building.

I know this is a Mini Bike forum but this is kind of a 4 wheel Mini Bike.

002_zps11184acb.jpg

Have to decide what engine setup before I build the top part and I am going to use a 14 1/2 " round stool cushion with the UA elephant logo on it and paint the frame crimson red. also will run the steering shaft back at an angle and use a butterfly steering wheel.
Making a paddle setup for the throttle and brake. I really can't wait to get this one done.

Frame.jpg

Cute little frame really glistens in the sun, wish there were some sun today, rained today off and didn't get much of anything done today.

That top pic is the BSR I built for my wife. GX140 engine. Your frame design is very similar. Good luck!

One thing I wish I had done is footboards...

Last edited:
Looks like a lowered barstool racer, I bet it will be a blast to ride and stupid fast just the way I like my machines. I have a small 3 wheeled swap meet scooter that's rather unique built from a stand up unpowered scooter. It has a large seat on it now but looks much the same, it has a 2hp briggs but will soon have a 3.5 to make it even more sketchy to ride.

That top pic is the BSR I built for my wife. GX140 engine. Your frame design is very similar. Good luck!

One thing I wish I had done is footboards...
Really this Bar Stool Racer is the very one you built. Sea Hawk fan eh! I looked at a lot of pictures of the racers and there are all kind of different style of frames and I have seen a lot that look very similar to this. I based mine on this design and another one. Really nice Racer you made, it and the green one really inspired me!

barstoolracer.jpg

securedownload_1_4.jpg

green-racer-239x172.jpg

Last edited:
Really this Bar Stool Racer is the very one you built. Sea Hawk fan eh! I looked at a lot of pictures of the racers and there are all kind of different style of frames and I have seen a lot that look very similar to this. I based mine on this design and another one. Really nice Racer you made, it and the green one really inspired me!

View attachment 77991

View attachment 77992

View attachment 77993
Yes, and I looked at and used those same pics when building it. I was going to use a barstool, but wanted to keep it low. Also makes for a better seat for longer rides.

I almost used a Predator for it, but it is sketchy now with the little GX140. If you aren't carefull, it can spit you out the side on a turn.

Stangrcr1,

Do you see the foot bar added to the front of the blue one with the yellow engine. You could add something like that. I was thinking of making foot peg on the side between the front and rear tire but I could see my foot slipping off and getting ran over by the rear tire and I don't even want to think what would happen after that.

I'm not using a bar stool , I'm building a frame over the engine just like you did and I am buying this 14 1/2 " round cover with the tide logo , cutting a round board and mounting like the blue one, low like yours. I don't want to be way up in the air !

The footboards I have thought about adding would be between the tires, but with a rear lip to keep your feet on them. Much like a lot of quads have.

Found another picture of your blue BSR and it looks like the frame may be a little smaller than mine.
Mine has 31" wheelbase 14 1/2" wide middle of frame and about 19" between the king pins.
Like the elbow on your air filter. See your running a jackshaft and hydraulic brakes. I have a 6hp electric start and I think I will end up putting it on this build.
011_zps01a08ee3.jpg

Nice seat! I would have to do bolt on now that the frame has already been powder coated.
I do powder coating and believe it or not you can touch up powder coating. They make a powder to liquid you can add that color powder to and spray it out of a paint gun and cure it with a heat gun. Just make the nerf bars and powder coat them, grind right were you are welding, weld it on and then blend the paint and let it completely dry. The wet lets you see how it will look and when it dries it will look powder looking and will stick and cure with a heat gun. Let cool your done. You have to let it cure a whole 24 hr before you use the heat gun and you can't touch it.

Pics are in my Photobucket under stangrcr72, along with a lot of other pics.

Yeah, a little different on size. 27" wheelbase and 17" kingpin spacing. I tried to keep it small.

Pics are in my Photobucket under stangrcr72, along with a lot of other pics.

Yeah, a little different on size. 27" wheelbase and 17" kingpin spacing. I tried to keep it small.
May have to cut mine down when I mock it up so it doesn't look funny, but I am putting ATV tires on for trails. This is really for the wife to see if I can get her to go with me. Saw your pictures in your bucket, that's when I saw it looked a little smaller , guess I have a good eye.