Not Good

well my mini has a slight problem. the linkage or wutever you refer to the thing for the throttle on the carb has stuck back and will not move. i am afraid to force because it might break. please give me some help.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
You may need to spray some WD-40 on it and let it sit for a while. Then try to move it. But try to get some pictures of the problem.

Hey 5HP

Sounds like the butterfly is sticking. Take the carb off and look at the butterfly if it is bent up the screw that holds it might of got loose and the butterfly is getting stuck against the carb bore. If so loosen the small screw and re-align the butterfly. Make sure to use lock-tight on the screw so it doesnt back out.

Josh

thanks, but i have another question. i am bout to buy a new mini with a 6 h.p kohler engine. he said it smokes. wut could be the problem with that.

65ShelbyClone

You must have gone to the Kohler dealer for that one. Full rebuild kits for K301s(12hp) with a piston, rod, rings, and gaskets can be had for ~$150.

From my limited experience, Kohler flatheads like to smoke most when the rings are tired. They'll run like that forever, though.

You must have gone to the Kohler dealer for that one. Full rebuild kits for K301s(12hp) with a piston, rod, rings, and gaskets can be had for ~$150.

From my limited experience, Kohler flatheads like to smoke most when the rings are tired. They'll run like that forever, though.
yea i did couldn't find it no where else