Not sure what this is....

Addicted 2 Minis

It's a Goose, if it were a 70/71 it would have came with 5" Taco style wheels. Since it has 6" Ruttman wheels, it'd have to be 72 or later. It does look like a short frame so it is possible that someone put 6" wheels on a 5" wheel bike sometime in it's life, maybe the scrub brake brackets are throwing me off?. If the serial tag has rivets, it would be 72 or earlier, I haven't seen any 73-later bikes to have rivet tags. Not to say they don't exist, I just haven't seen any.

DaddyJohn

This mini is now in my garage...:D

It doesn’t have an ID tag present, but there are a couple 1/8” holes 2-3inches apart on the motor plate that seem to indicate it did have one. The coaster brake brackets are bugger-welded on, so I’m guessing it would be appropriate to remove that mess and use a clutch band brake when I build it. Rear fender looks like a cut down plastic Motovox unit or something, so it’s gotta go. I have a white HS50 from a Simplicity snowblower that I think will be a good match for it. B2964210-3745-4A27-A2A7-BD7107994D13.jpeg

Addicted 2 Minis

Well 1970 is when they started the folding foot pegs and honestly, I haven't seen a 72 with a rivet tag. Other information I have come by has suggested 72 bikes have had rivet tags. This being said, I would say it's a 70/71 Wild Goose and it would have had the newer 5" style taco wheels like the ones pictured below. It is possible that it's a 72 with a rivet tag and in that case the 4 spoke 6" wheels are correct for the bike.

1621260559632.png

Y'all Totally blow me away... no clue how y'all can come up with the info y'all do, however I am thankful & blessed to help support this forum. The knowledge base here... OMG! o_O
Thank you Oldminibikes!

Last edited:

Addicted 2 Minis

Well, it was definitely purple from the factory. Here's a shot of my Vulture where you can see it was originally purple as well. Try to scratch off some paint from the fender brackets to see if they were purple too. Notice how close mine are to the tire, with the 6" wheels, there's barely room to fit on mine, definitely couldn't have fenders as the bolts would rub the tire.

IMG_2750.jpeg
IMG_2744.jpeg