Not sure??..

I'm not sure if I have this hooked up right? I can give a picture of the way it was stock and the way I hooked it up...
That seems quite jumpy and doesn't quite run right? I did get a new carburetor for it and it runs. It will go down to a soft idol and it will go wide open and go faster than I wanted to. I'm actually working on different gears right now. But again I don't know if it's a combination of things or something not right.
First I know it is geared way too fast like 4 to 1 and I've have a gear to fix that. Like someone just suggested maybe I also have a clutch that's grabbing too quick? And last but not least I'm just not sure if I have the straddle connected correctly again I'll give a before and after photo..
Any help would sure be appreciated...
Stock (dirty sorry about that)..
IMG_20200827_102723.jpg
Now...
IMG_20200831_154008.jpg

joshua. c.

that setup isn't correct your overriding the governor, if that engine over-revs it can go boom. a billet rod and billet flywheel would be needed to keep that setup safe. also your not going to get much throttle control from that spot. it has a very limited range of motion. it wold be better to connect to one of the two holes in the hand operated throttle lever shown at the very bottom of the picture. it wouldn't override the governor and would give better range of motion at the throttle handle. also I always like to see Briggs and Straton engines in bikes and carts, they run excellent and if maintained last forever. plus plenty of hop up parts available nice choice of engine.

that setup isn't correct your overriding the governor, if that engine over-revs it can go boom. a billet rod and billet flywheel would be needed to keep that setup safe. also your not going to get much throttle control from that spot. it has a very limited range of motion. it wold be better to connect to one of the two holes in the hand operated throttle lever shown at the very bottom of the picture. it wouldn't override the governor and would give better range of motion at the throttle handle. also I always like to see Briggs and Straton engines in bikes and carts, they run excellent and if maintained last forever. plus plenty of hop up parts available nice choice of engine.
Are you saying I should drill a hole maybe and put the cable over in the spot that I marked with the red circle and the arrow pointing to it?...
I'm definitely not trying to override anything and make it dangerous...
IMG_20200831_154008~2.jpg

joshua. c.

no thats not what im saying, sorry I should have noted it was in the first picture not the second. your going to have to re install the origenal throttle plate to use it. attach the throttle to the other lever made top adjust the throttle by hand. it sticks out the front of the engine on the pull start side. and at one point it should have had a large nob on it. your still pointing at the same incorrect governor lever, that's not it.

no thats not what im saying, sorry I should have noted it was in the first picture not the second. your going to have to re install the origenal throttle plate to use it. attach the throttle to the other lever made top adjust the throttle by hand. it sticks out the front of the engine on the pull start side. and at one point it should have had a large nob on it. your still pointing at the same incorrect governor lever, that's not it.
okay well I tried putting the plate and hooking everything back up like it was when it ran the pressure washer. I just loosened up the action on the throttle put a spring on it and hope the throttle cable to it. The kind of looked as if it was like wide open throttle but I said what the heck let me see what happens. well thank goodness I put the front tire up against my car trailer before I pulled the trigger and start it! The damn thing took off like a bat out of hell! LOL... This just can't be right.. it was way better the way it was I had some kind of control over it...
IMG_20200901_125210.jpg
I'm thinking I may have to take a hard pass on this idea...

joshua. c.

looking closer you hooked up the cable in the wrong spot. hook it up where the really long spring is hooked on the outside of the plate on the right side of the picture. and make sure the throttle opens and closes correctly when you move the throttle before starting it.