Notifications Not Working

Hent

via email? I noticed the emailed notifications have been hit and miss, the alerts and inbox count show up fine on here though. I did recheck my settings an the box is checked etc...
I don't have have e-mail notifications turned on, but a lot can depend on your e-mail provider. Some of them may end up in the spam folder. I recommend gmail over other providers like Yahoo, and AOL who have been notorious for blocking OldMiniBikes notification emails.

markus

There not going to spam, I do regularly check that and clean it out, like every other day. You are correct that aol will send things to spam that shouldn't be there from time to time...I guess to make room the spam they send to your inbox :D

I have been using Gmail since this started a few years ago with the old forum. I'm not getting the "@" notification or a notification when I have a PM. I also would get a email notification when somebody replied to a thread I was subscribed to. That was one of the reasons I went to Tap Talk a few years ago and that is "not" working either. When this new format started, everything was working fine. Actually December 6th was when it stopped working.

1971_MB1A

I have been using Gmail since this started a few years ago with the old forum. I'm not getting the "@" notification or a notification when I have a PM. I also would get a email notification when somebody replied to a thread I was subscribed to. That was one of the reasons I went to Tap Talk a few years ago and that is "not" working either. When this new format started, everything was working fine. Actually December 6th was when it stopped working.
It sure seems like a lot of work,bs etc since the upgrade just to be able to try and use this site now doesn't it ? Proof that sometimes keeping it simple can usually work out much better.

It sure seems like a lot of work,bs etc since the upgrade just to be able to try and use this site now doesn't it ? Proof that sometimes keeping it simple can usually work out much better.
All you've done since Hent did the upgrade is bitch about it. Pretty tall cotton for a guy who doesn't contribute as a supporting member, yet buys and sells here for free- and then has the audacity to bitch. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

1971_MB1A

All you've done since Hent did the upgrade is bitch about it. Pretty tall cotton for a guy who doesn't contribute as a supporting member, yet buys and sells here for free- and then has the audacity to bitch. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Hmmm really ? Well I'm for sure not the only one that has recently complained about this. As of now,I see nowhere on this site that requires me or anyone else on here to be a supporting member,especially when I've only done a few transactions within the past 3 years that I've been on here so you need to keep your thoughts to yourself Havasu Dave.

Davis

Yes technology sucks for sure but you never could post a picture of anything the way the site used to be. All I see out of you is making sure you buy the rare expensive stuff. Have you ever actually built a bike yourself with your own hands and tools. Not just buying one restored or even a survivor. If so I’d love to see your work instead of you just keeping tabs on how rare your piles of parts are.

Nothing has changed, but thanks for providing a date so I can look into it.

The previous software was outdated, unsupported and had risks of losing all of the information. Take your pick.

There is a large amount of data ranging back to 2006. I can simply let it all go, or continue into the future with a functioning site and a few grumpy people who don't like change. It's not an easy change for anyone, myself included.

Thank you Drew. I was at the store today and bought another BR600. Picked it up for my sister-in-law to give to my brother for Christmas. Now he doesn't have to borrow mine or his sons. Lol