Now look what you made me do!

Why oh why do I need another mini bike? :eek:ut:

Well I guess I couldn't see this one suffer anymore, and it needed rescued.
I'm now the "proud" owner of a nearly new Coleman CT200U.

Spotted it on the local Craigslist and it was cheap. So I called about it and went to look at it. Come to find out as soon as it was bought the abuse started on this poor helpless creature. Lost the clutch cover almost immediately, why and how I don't know.
Even better or I guess worse, they never put oil in it! Yep locked it up. :censure: Used Marvel Mystery oil to free it up and then after adding some oil ran for more abuse till it seized permanently.

To get it running again, so they could sell it, it now sports a 212 Predator, with a 2 year extended warranty on it.

I figured the price was more then right, and I better grab it before these monsters can abuse it any more. So I saved it from the clutches of a hideous death. It will be made well again and given a good home to an owner (me)that will take care of it. It's now resting comfortably in a heated garage, next to the T-Bird, the lawn tractor, and the race car.

Now what am I going to tell the wife? :devil2:

Attachments

Telling the wife you are fixing it for a guy works for me. Then in a few weeks tell her that the guy could not cover the costs for your "repair work" and never came back for it. I used that technique last summer when I bought a 1973 Yamaha 360 enduro I had lusted for since I was a Kid. Worked like a charm..:devil2:

hehe..I'm topped out at 4 since i really have no room :laugh: I'm making my ct200u more street..got 18" tires on it ..just got tav, a 212 hemi and also anoying header that may be going on it i ordered .:devil2: any plans for yours?

Already started the shopping list. My poor credit card. The missing clutch cover, tires, carb/filter upgrade, valve springs, header/muffler, clutch and clutch brake, probably a billet flywheel and rod, gasket kit. Already picked up a headlight/tail light, filters and tubing for venting the blowby, battery, and so on. Probably hold off on the TAV, this is going to be a pit bike so just for cruising around on, if the need arises then I'll pop for one.

I just looked at the paperwork I got on it. The engine was purchased on 12/26/17!
I seriously doubt they broke it in, at least they put oil in this one.

Last edited: