O.d.b. Yup, another DB30S...

Daniel Coop

Picked up this DB, to build for a friend who wanted one last year. It was a BARE roller, with forks that were chopped to shit. The wheelbarrow wheel was literally cut into the forks. Luckily I had a large stash of original and matching DB parts including a fork and front wheel, a seat, fenders, grips, brake, etc... Virtually everything to throw together a quick runner, along with a 196cc Kohler motor I pulled off a broken edger.
We also ordered a Stage 2 kit from Hotrodminibikes for the install and performance upgrades.
The stock Kohler tank was too tall, so we opted for the under-seat tank kit from Hotrodminibikes. Only issue was the kit was on backorder, so my buddy had me attach it temporarily with bungee cords so he could ride it. He brought it back to me a couple times for repairs and had been bugging me about this mini chopper front wheel I had, so I sold it to him and put it on.
After his under seat tank brackets broke and a failed attempt to paint a few parts, he brought it back for a new gas tank and fuel pump (the one I didn't end up using on my daughter's Motovox), a paint job, a new clutch and RLV gold chain.
with space being an issue, I made my own tank bracket mounting the tank sideways over the front of the motor and made a small fuel pump mouning plate also
I also drilled and tapped the Kohler valve cover for a pulse fitting and painted the tin work.
I then broke down the entire bike for paint.
3 coats of Rust-Oleum Oil rubbed bronze and 2 gloss clear coat... Letting the paint cure a couple days before assembling.

Nice work!.......Not old school, but the DB30 makes a nice rider with plenty of mod potential, looks like a fun machine!..............Personally the front fender isnt blending well, maybe fab up a narrow one or like you said just remove it.....................Tom.

Daniel Coop

Nice work!.......Not old school, but the DB30 makes a nice rider with plenty of mod potential, looks like a fun machine!..............Personally the front fender isnt blending well, maybe fa knowb up a narrow one or like you said just remove it.....................Tom.
Thanks man, definitely not old school, (In Baja section) but they have that old school look and feel, but with a disc brake and parts still available. That's why I like the original DB's. I have done enough on this bike for next to nothing for my buddy. I will probably just take ​the fender off or let him make the decision. Still trying to talk him into some performance upgrades for his Kohler...lol.
You can still see the skin from my calf on the pipe. Lol. Just going to clean it up a little bit and stuff it back in the bike tonight or tomorrow morning. Then I am just waiting on the custom vinyl seat cover he purchased off Etsy for it.

Daniel Coop

Everyone has a different opinion about mounting these clones or Predators. I use the engine adapter plates by PMR and I will show you why...

Not only do you have a full range of adjustability, front to back, side to side, but you only have to drill 4, 5/16 holes away from the original slots leaving plenty of quality Chinese steel. Lol This swap was done about a year ago now and you can see the motor plate is perfectly straight and flat and the holes aren't stretched or elongated at all.

Digging the murdered out look... First one I've painted EVERYTHING on, curious to see how it holds up.

Daniel Coop

Replaced brake pads
Max Torque 14t clutch and RLV gold chain installed

Done, minus the custom seat cover that ships out tomorrow... Front wheel ain't my thing. It's just too narrow. But, my buddy loves it, and it's his, so that's what matters.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

So after looking at this thing for a while, I decided it would look a whole lot better with a 13×6.50×6 Cat Eye pocket bike rear street tire, like I have on my "Po' White Trash" stretched DB. Sent my buddy the eBay link to purchase, and it's supposed to be here Friday. Will put up a couple final pics with re-done seat and new tire. Will have a decision on the front fender by then too.

Daniel Coop

So after a trip to Harbor Freight for an 18 gauge, wide crown pneumatic stapler, I got busy wrapping my buddy's seat with one of the covers we got off Etsy...
I think it came out nice, and now that I've got my practice in, it's time to do my seat. Lol
Now all that's left is getting this 13×6.50×6 street tire on the rear wheel...

Daniel Coop

After a whole lot of fighting, cussing, sweating and literally heating the tire up in my oven, I was only able to get the first bead rolled over the rim.
I couldn't for the life of me even get the second bead started. These tires are some stiff SOB's. After being told to kick rocks by 3 local tire shops and a trailer shop, I had to do a more exhaustive Google search and came across this little gem of a shop in SW Denver.
I managed to snap some pics in the old shop while I waited. They had tires for days... I'm kicking myself now, because when I went up front to pay, there was a vintage Scat Cat and tires and wheels on display everywhere, but I got so excited, I forgot to snap any pics!
Cool place, but after this recurring headache, I am buying a small tire changer.
Done and off for delivery, but I am going to have to make him a new kickstand, or beat his into the correct shape and re-paint it as it is now a little too long. It's a little bit of a lowrider now, but on a test ride, I didn't come close to scraping a foot peg on the turns. This one belongs to my good friend Mike, aka, Blind Loc, (lol) who happens to be legally blind. He can see enough to ride a mini bike apparently, but not enough to get a driver's license or see traffic lights. He sticks to riding in his golf course community, where he feels safe.
God speed buddy...
Had to get a few in of the whole DB lineup...