Offering this Powell Challenger here for a short time

This didn't meet my reserve on ebay - Reserve was $120, and well worth it for the forks/bars alone. Offering it here for the reserve price before going back on ebay. I'll get an accurate quote on shipping for someone who is SERIOUS about buying. Also willing to sell just the forks/bars for the $120 as well if someone needs that only and wants to save on shipping. Pretty much it's $120 for the forks/bars and the frame is free if you pay the extra shipping.

Here's the description form the ebay auction:

"This auction is for a rough Powell Challenger frame and good forks - serial number 1537-C

Frame is rough, but forks are pretty good. If a person wants forks only and wins the auction, I can send the forks only to save on shipping.

The frame has a bend in one of the down tubes, and has had a brace welded in close to the fork tube area. Also has Misc welds, etc here and there that needs to be cleaned up, and had another type of bike grafted to the back of it that we cut off and left the detail work to the new owner. The last pic in the set shows it how it was before.

No swing arm."

Powell Challenger Frame and Fork Vintage Minibike Mini Bike Kart No Swingarm | eBay

I'll wait several days and if not sold it will go back on ebay. I won't be able to bump this up for a week and I won't wait a week for it to go back up on ebay.

Sale pending

The reason I didn't offer it here first is twofold:

1)I have no idea what they are worth since no Powell parts ever seem to come up for sale.
2)There are a lot of tire kickers here and spending time getting shipping quotes, etc and wasting my time isn't fun.

I usually try to list it here first if I know what it is worth and what I want for the item already.

Also, anybody could have bid on it on ebay and got it for the same price as here. Nobody bid over $56 on it and for that amount it would be hanging on my wall for a spare.

part of the fun of this forum for me are the great guys that have come to my aid.....i have made some great deals on here in acquiring parts and am glad that there on guys on here willing to help me out....i hope they dont think im a tire kicker........i am willng to pay since i am playing......so far i have been happy and i think those that have dealt with me are as well........you had a reserve on those parts so you did have an idea what it would take for you to part with them.........just saying......:wink:

part of the fun of this forum for me are the great guys that have come to my aid.....i have made some great deals on here in acquiring parts and am glad that there on guys on here willing to help me out....i hope they dont think im a tire kicker........i am willng to pay since i am playing......so far i have been happy and i think those that have dealt with me are as well........you had a reserve on those parts so you did have an idea what it would take for you to part with them.........just saying......:wink:
If you actually follow through with buying items whether you got a deal or not then I wouldn't call you a tire kicker. You have to realize I've been here a few days longer than you and have bought and sold a lot of parts through here, so I've seen it all in terms of tire kickers. The way I see it is that we should all have a rough idea on shipping on an item and if you think it's a deal breaker whether it's worth paying the shipping then that's the time to step back and let it go. Just remember that the time to buy these parts is when you find them.

As far as my reserve, that was the minimum I'd sell it for knowing that I may damage mine at some point....but also never seeing them sell before, I had a feeling they would go much higher. Doesn't make sense to sell things for much less than it could go for. Not sure if you've ever sold on ebay before, but sometimes things go for far less than you thought, and sometimes things go for far more. And besides, who doesn't like to build up their ebay feedback a little

yep.......im an ebayer.......but i would rather take my chances with the fellows on here than with an ebayer......even though i have had no problems in the past....guess what i am saying here is i like the comrodery here and because i have been helped out when i have asked, guess i would like to to do the same.......different strokes for different folks

Buyer backed out. Still available. Forks are already packed up and shipping to LA area was going to be $20 basic, no insurance.

yep.......im an ebayer.......but i would rather take my chances with the fellows on here than with an ebayer......even though i have had no problems in the past....guess what i am saying here is i like the comrodery here and because i have been helped out when i have asked, guess i would like to to do the same.......different strokes for different folks
See what I mean? Already a pack job and a trip to the post office into it...