**OFFICIAL LITTLE PETRO Minibike Thread**

I've had the first Little Petro since 1968 when I was 6 years old. I started resorting in a few years ago and then found the blue one on eBay and it was 3 miles from my house. I really only wanted it because mine was missing the chain guard but now I think its kind of cool to have both. The nickle plated one was totally modified by my dad when I started dragging the foot stands. I decided to put it back together the way he had modified it. The the blue one will get done stock.
IMG_1598.jpg IMG_8409.JPG SCAN_17.jpg

My old Little Petro

That's awesome!!! My dad also chopped off the footrests, but otherwise mine was stock. I just found out I must have seized my P7 pretty early on...cause my motor did NOT have the oem domed 22mm piston in it. I know because the piston was the only part of the motor I kept, and owned into adulthood. In fact, I had it as a shift knob on my 55 Chevy back in the 90's!! Only when I started buying Tas engine parts, did I discover that I had a later 1.2 hp outboard/aquabug piston, which was probably all my dad could find. I just received an NOS P5 and a good P7 crank from S. Geier in the mail yesterday. The P5 piston and rings will go in my P7 and I'll hone the barrel best I can for now to use the std. bore parts until I find a nicer cylinder. I'm super stoked!! My 2nd parts Petro will be getting a ported 1.2 hp iron bore Tas engine, maybe even made to run w/o the magneto, with a glow plug on Nitro...like the 2.5 hp racing P7's used bitd in RC boats! All I need is another gear reduction unit. Here's my bike as it sits now

Attachments

Hey Runningbear 55, do you have the gas tank bracket? Can you look at the pics I posted and see if what I have is right? Pretty sure I'm missing something. Plus my engine is stuck. Can it be rebuilt or replaced??

Idk if that's the correct bracket for a Tas P7 Little Petro, as I am also missing my original. However, it looks wrong. May possibly be the Ohlsson Rice type. As far as rebuilding these Tas engines, the parts are VERY scarce. It can be done, but only if the parts are on hand. Why is yours stuck? Rusted lower end, or seized top end? Inbox me for my contact information, I will help you with your rebuild if you like.

Hi, I'm new on here I have a little petro with a P-7 in it I'm in need of parts or a complet motor, chain gaurd, seat or any other parts. I'd aprechate any help.
Thanks

Little Petro Chain Guards & Seats : I currently have Jim Odom's original Seat Mold and I'm having a Chain Guard mold fabricated to produce original shape & material parts. I expect to have Seats & Chain Guards thermal vacuumed formed in Nov or Dec 2019. If you are interested in getting a part e-mail me and I will put you on my short list. I may be the last guy to ever make a real fabrication mini run of these. Contact me at HKILLACKEY@AOL.COM In the subject line put LITTLE PETRO or you will be junk mail

Attachments

Little Petro ------ I'm having SEATS & CHAIN GUARDS made in Nov/Dec 2019. I have the original Jim Odom seat mold and a professional mold is being made for the Chain Guard. I will have the correct plastic thermal vacuum formed to the molds. I will be making a few parts of each only. You will probably never come across this opportunity again. If you would like more information contact me at hkillackey@aol.com put LITTLE PETRO in the subject line on the e-mail.

Attachments

Little Petro ------ I'm having SEATS & CHAIN GUARDS made in Nov/Dec 2019. I have the original Jim Odom seat mold and a professional mold is being made for the Chain Guard. I will have the correct plastic thermal vacuum formed to the molds. I will be making a few parts of each only. You will probably never come across this opportunity again. If you would like more information contact me at hkillackey@aol.com put LITTLE PETRO in the subject line on the e-mail.
THE CHAIN GUARD MOLD IS COMPLETE AND NEXT WEEK I WILL HAVE CHAIN GUARDS AND SEATS BEING VACUUMED FORMED. Contact me ---- I will only make a hand full of parts.

Attachments

Hello everybody. I too have one of these little guys sitting in storage waiting to be restored. It was given to me about 15yrs ago by an in-law who didn’t know much about it. Back when I first acquired it I did a pretty extensive search to learn as much as I could about it. Even somehow got in contact with S Geier and had a long conversation over the phone with him as he told me the history of these little bikes. He by the way has done some beautiful restores on these from what I’ve seen! Anyway, after that conversation I realized it was going to be a rather extensive project even with the knowledge and help Mr. Geier offered from halfway across the country so it went in the garage and on the back burner.
Now that I have finally decided to inquire more about it I see there are quite a few more around and even a few Social Media groups. Back when I talked to S Geier he said there were only a small number of these known to be remaining, 13ish if I remember correctly? It was about 10-12yrs ago so I may be mistaken. But it seems now like more have turned up? Will my quest for restoring mine be a little less cumbersome? Lol. Anyway I’m not sure any of my kids would appreciate the bike even if I did restore it. So I’m up in the air if I want to sell it to someone who will do it justice or take on the resto. I live in Glendora Ca. Ironically only about 8 miles from El Monte where the Little Petro was originally manufactured. My bike is factory paint blue, has the original chain guard but its cracked at the rear mount point, a very unoriginal seat, and one handle bar snapped off at the triple tree (I do have the piece that broke off). I don’t recall offhand what engine it has, but it is one of the two original options. I do not recall the engine being seized but I do remember the pull cord is not retracting. Sorry for being so vague I just wanted to share and let you guys know there is another Little Petro out there in the world. If I get a chance I will pull it out of storage and snap some pics. Thanks in advance for any info or ideas.

Big AL in SoCal