Oil drain extension??

This seems like it would be a common issue. But my drain plug dumps out onto the motor mount plate. What are people doing to keep oil changes cleaner? Advice and pic welcome. Honda gx140 on a manco streaker.

Can you explain what I'm looking at? It looks like a piece of pipe. Female to go into the motor and male to be plugged. Did you make that? I was hoping for something I could get a Napa.

I bet you could get a small piece of copper that has some NPT on the end. It should screw right into it. You could bend it to fit against the frame and dump down under the bike. Just be careful not to hit it in the woods and rip it off. I know there are plenty of small copper 90* bends that would work too. Just make sure you get the bend to point down. You could drill a hole right under the spot where it dumps that would allow you to keep it safe from hitting stuff on the trail. I usually just pull my motor off to drain the oil. I know, it's a pain, but it doesn't take a lot to pop it off and stick it back on. I only change my oil in the spring since I only get to ride it during the warm months. I run synthetic in mine, and I've never had problems with it. Pulling the motor to change the oil also provides a good excuse to buy something new and fun to stick inside (like a cam, new valves, etc.). My wife doesn't see it like I do, but not many do.

trinik7597

i actually just saw some really nice billet ones made for this application i will try to find the site again and post a link for you :thumbsup:

Looks pretty cool. I bet I could make one for cheap. I've got enough copper fittings laying around. I like the flexible hose. I wonder if I could just put a shut off with a nipple on the end, and then run some fuel line out of it. I bet that would work. I'll see what I can come up with and post some pics.

Yeah where my predator 212cc motor sits on the mount, it spills onto the edge of mount. I may look into a 3/4 inch extension of some sort. Any ideas?