OIL SEAL HELP

Hope someone can help me here. I have a 1970 Rupp Sprint with a H35 motor., that I am redoing. I can't find the the correct oil seal for the side case, (clutch side) I have tried the following & none of them are right.#28427, #27897, #28926A. Does anybody know the correct part number. I am new here & have just been reading & soaking up all the info & this is my first post, I hope I did it correct. Thanks.
IMG_4948.JPG IMG_4950.JPG

Attachments

Bird Brain

Didn't realize there were that many different applications with in a given model number. Maybe one of the experts will clarify or at least know the right questions to ask you about it. Markus is the resident expert he stays wrist deep in Tecumseh. Maybe he will chime in soon.

markus

Hope someone can help me here. I have a 1970 Rupp Sprint with a H35 motor., that I am redoing. I can't find the the correct oil seal for the side case, (clutch side) I have tried the following & none of them are right.#28427, #27897, #28926A. Does anybody know the correct part number. I am new here & have just been reading & soaking up all the info & this is my first post, I hope I did it correct. Thanks.
View attachment 301969 View attachment 301970

PTO seal for that particular engine is #30256, no snap rings, no bearings, etc.. just a seal. Careful not to roll the seal installing it, Tecumseh had actual installers to aid with both sliding the over the shaft and properly seating them in place.

I did a full rebuild and restoration on one of those for someone a few years ago, The one I did was an earlier in the year G model where yours is the revised H which on that the one major internal change was camshaft IIRC (actually block as well due to valve seat design that went along with camshaft). Those are neat engines, I had done a little writeup when I had did it, about the engine and also info about the carbs they used at that time on the slanted engine bikes) Here is the link to that Sprint H35 Best of luck with it!