Old mini bike

Hello I am new here and I have a question. My son found an old mini bike frame and brought it home.its in really bad shape.it sat outside somewhere for many years.but he still wants to restore it and get it rideable again.i have no idea what it is and could use some help from anyone knowledable.any help would be appreciated.i can add pics later of the frame.i need to know what these rims are and what size bearings,spacers,bushings and what not go in them??

Hello I am new here and I have a question. My son found an old mini bike frame and brought it home.its in really bad shape.it sat outside somewhere for many years.but he still wants to restore it and get it rideable again.i have no idea what it is and could use some help from anyone knowledable.any help would be appreciated.i can add pics later of the frame.i need to know what these rims are and what size bearings,spacers,bushings and what not go in them??
Post some pictures.that will help a lot.and welcome to the madness

That is a flat spoke Astro Wheel. mostly found on General Appliance bikes. Could be a Trail Horse, Trail Blazer, Montgomery Wards as they were all made by General Appliance. The wheel takes a 1 3/8" OD bearing with a 5/8" I.D. Spacers would need to be measured and made unless someone has a complete bike they can measure for you. I have one on it's way but it will be a week or two until I get it. Post some pics of the frame.

That is a flat spoke Astro Wheel. mostly found on General Appliance bikes. Could be a Trail Horse, Trail Blazer, Montgomery Wards as they were all made by General Appliance. The wheel takes a 1 3/8" OD bearing with a 5/8" I.D. Spacers would need to be measured and made unless someone has a complete bike they can measure for you. I have one on it's way but it will be a week or two until I get it. Post some pics of the frame.

Attachments

Lizardking

We have a predator 212 engine to put on it but first we need a clutch to put on the drive shaft.and we need to redo the wheels bearings and such.the wheels had to be cut off
A rescue is a cool save by your son for sure!! Most scrappers would of taken it to the recycling yard. Love it !
Beware of the wheelie popping 212 if your son is inexperienced .

That would be a Trail Blazer from the General Appliance line. Jackshaft plates and shaft, axles and bearings are all universal parts. If you need help I can send you links. Having the sprocket and one fender is a big bonus with those bikes!

desert rat

Yep that's a trail horse. good find. Front suspension is good. It will have drum rear. The jack shaft is awesome. if you need to know the gearing to start with I can tell you what we ended up with on my wife's bike. Chain guard mount , cable mount for the rear drum, factory jack shaft plates are hard to find parts hang on to them. Having the kick stand mount is another good score. Your son dun good with this one. As said the predator will be a lot of motor. we used a GC160 Honda 5 horse power, way more than enough motor. We did fat tires on azuza tri spoke rims worked out good. Good luck let me know if you want the gearing and I will pull hers out and check it.

Attachments

That would be a Trail Blazer from the General Appliance line. Jackshaft plates and shaft, axles and bearings are all universal parts. If you need help I can send you links. Having the sprocket and one fender is a big bonus with those bikes!
I do need help with axel and bearings.and spacers to.the ones on it were so bad seized and corroded I had to cut the bolt to get the tire and shaft off.so I'll need a new bolt and nut,and bearings and seals for the wheel