Old School H22

markus

Couldn’t get that tool to work on a h30 either....had to adjust
I put a later model head on and had no problems with it working, well except the mounting bolts for the magneto assembly are configured a little differently than later ones, and they kept moving the plate around so it took longer than normal to set the timing!

Got this black later 60's shroud soaking to strip the paint and crud off as I type, will be cutting the half moon out of the top for the plug and welding up one hole for the tag and relocating the hole as the old Lauson style red tags are shorter than the later versions. I am on the hunt for the intake/linkage cover that these used and were bolted to the intake.

h22n rebuild.jpg

markus

so this one has been sitting around collecting dust for over a year, still never found the parts I need (well I did actually just get the correct flange mount muffler off ebay last week). I made a little ghetto intake for it about 6 months ago and am using the 45 degree screw on version muffler that I found a couple of awhile back as a backup. I was going to toss this china carb in the garbage can but I knew it was running and "ok" for one of those carbs, so I figured I would just throw it on there to see if all the internal changes I made were going to be alright and the engine would actually run. Will be setting up the original diaphragm carb or maybe an H25 sized factory bowl carb if I keep it setup with my intake.