Old School Minibike Show

richs

is there any thing close to Maryland other than windber. Windber is great but I would like to see some other shows in the md aera as well I see alot in ca mi and otherstates but not many around here

At some shows the bikes are judged in different categories. Some classes are based on wheel diameter, country of origin, age, manufacturer, etc.

I prefer a judged show because there is a list of things that the judges look at on each bike.

The other type of judging is "Peoples Choice". This judging is accomplished by anyone that comes to the show. You pick up a voting slip and vote for your favorite bike. They also sell voting slips. If you really want to win, you can just buy the votes or bring a lot of your friends to vote for your bike.

Every show is different. Try to have your bike as clean and shiny as possible. Any memorabilia, photos, manuals, etc., should also be displayed in an orderly fashion with the bike.

The best way to learn about the shows is to just participate. You will learn very quickly how much work it takes to win.:wink:

Most mini shows are open registration - just show up and enter.

If you are going to a motorcycle show, be sure to check the requirements.
Some are ride-in shows and require the bike to be street legal. Others are brand specific and at some shows - anything goes.

There are a few shows that require advance registration or are "by invitation only". These shows are very rare.

No matter what type of show, gather their information and requirements early. It is no fun to show up and find out that you have a problem that prohibits you from entering.:thumbdown: Also, find out about an entry fee - most are reasonable $5-$10, but I have paid $35 and the show was not worth the money that I spent.