Older Asuza - two engines to choose from!

My recent purchase of an older Asuza mini bike came with a 6HP Tecumseh. That is too much power for my son (for now).

I decided to purchase a Predator 79cc from Harbor Freight - approximately 3HP.

As I was poking around in the shed, I came across an engine that was given to me that I forgot about. A Tecumseh 3.5HP (H35) that came off of a leaf blower (or so I am told). I have not tried to start it, but was told that it was a running engine.

Now I have to decide which engine to use. My train of thought is to use the Predator for my son to beat up on and in the future, restore the bike and use the Tecumseh as a "vintage" touch.
20210128_235826.jpg 20210128_235833.jpg 20210128_235841.jpg 20210128_235853.jpg

Lizardking

Beat that predator up till it cries uncle!! That Tec has the correct corner fill gas tank for most minis!

Last edited:

NorCal

I'm glad you posted this because I'm the same boat. I have a DB30 with a 6.5Hp Predator that I'd like to swap out for my 6 year old. I have 3 engines sitting in my garage. My choices are a 5HP Briggs, a 3.5 Hp Tec, or a 1.5HP Briggs.

I'm not sure which would be the best to swap in because the Predator is too much motor for a 6 year old, at least if I plan on keeping her healthy, lol.