OldMiniBikes Build-off 2013

Well, I wasn't able to completely finish my hydraulic 2x2 bike as I had hoped. I am still hard at work on it, but I ran into a snag trying to fit an oil reservoir and a gas tank in such a small space. I tried pvc tanks, air compressor tanks, harley davidson dual tanks; but nothing fit the way that I want it to.

However, I am glad to say I now have reached a final plan for the tanks, and the bike is still coming together! I will be making dual cylinder tanks out of aluminum which will bolt to the top tube. The parts in transit as I type this.

Thanks to you all, and especially Clayon for hosting the build-off this year. I would have never gotten this far along with my project if I had just done this on my own.

I still plan to continue through to the end of the build, which actually is like a month away- is it possible that the threads can remain open so that I can complete my bike and finish well?

Best Regards,
Darrel Barnette

Good to hear Darrel, I'm looking forward to seeing your build once it is done. Yes, the threads can remain open, I can move them to the project log section so they can still be used. :thumbsup:

Wow, I'd love to get in on this. But with me being such a "sensitive" person, I probably couldn't stand the criticism or rejections without getting my feelings hurt. Guess I'd better leave this one to the big boys. Besides, I can't finish anything I've got going on now! It's just as well, too. One of my favorite things on this forum is to look at the photos. After looking at the work and craftsmanship that some members have, I don't imagine I'd have a chance. Now if I could slip a few members some cash on the side in exchange for votes... :devil2: Anybody got change for a dollar?