OldMiniBikes build-off 2014 Classes and rules

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes 2014 Build-off.This thread will have all the basic rules,regulations and other info to participate in the build-off.you can also post questions in this thread.

Classes

There will be five classes this year.
You can enter any or as many as you wish.
You can also enter more than one build in a single class.

Vintage Class

Single cylinder engine only.
Flathead or vintage two-stroke.
Frame must also be a vintage frame.
Centrifical clutch,torque converter or two-speed allowed.
Can be a large or small wheeled mini as long as it's vintage.
"vintage" shall be defined as 25 years or older

Open class

Any engine(s) or frame is allowed.
Two cylinder,twin engine and two or four stroke.
Must be a minibike large or small wheeled

Scratch built.

This class is for any minibike that will be built from scratch.
Let's say at least 80% of the frame and forks must be built from scratch.
You can use any engine and drive combination that you like.

More than 2-wheels class

This class is for anything else that is not a minibike .
Karts'trikes or other contraptions that would not fit in the other classes.
Any engine,drivetrain,tires,wheels,tracks or ski's are allowed.
Basically anything is allowed (except cars or trucks of course)

"Just for fun" class

This class is for builds that have been started already,or you don't really want to be judged.
Any project that you have can be entered as long as it's related to this hobby.
No voting will happen in this class

Rules

1 Start date Jan 1st 2014
deadline for entry is Feb 1st 2014
You will not be allowed to enter after that.
Deadline is May 31st 2014

2 NO builds that have been started on at all will not be allowed except in the "Just for fun" class.You can start gathering parts and materials but no fab work,paint or anything else must not be started until after Jan 1st.

3 Must be a shot of the bike or parts pile with an OldMiniBikes Build-off sign when you start your build thread (Entry post)

4 Like last year an object that I chose must be in the entry post
also this item must be included in every picture that is posted throughout the entire build.(I may chose a smaller item for close-ups or detailed pics where the other item would not fit)
I wiil announce the item on Dec 31st

5 Must be at least one update by the 15th of every month by each builder.
Even is nothing has been done or you are finished,you must post at least once a month

6 Finished bike must be a runner
A photo or video of you riding or a vdeo of it running will be required at the end of the build-off

7 If you do not post at least once a month your build will be deleted to avoid clutter.

8 Any negative comments or bashing will not be tolerated.
If you have an issues with someone,something keep it to yourself or pm me
I should not have to be a babytsitter,believe me I'm not doing this for me

All of these rules are pretty straight forward
I may add to these if I think of anything else before the start

Bottom line people, let's have fun with this:hammer:
I'm doing this to see all the talented people on here to show all of us what can be done by everyone that enters.
Let's just have some fun with this hobby that all of us here enjoy :thumbsup:
Looking forward to what you people come up with this year

I want to thank Clay again for doing it last year.(you better enter something this year) I took a lot of this from your page from last year :thumbsup:

Here's Clays entry post from 2012 to give everyone an idea of how its done.

Last edited:

scootercat

I should ask questions here,no#2 is this meaning no bike can be entered if already started,as in something entered last year?,the last two build offs states less than 50% done can be entered...Is this a change for this build off?....Scootercat....

I should ask questions here,no#2 is this meaning no bike can be entered if already started,as in something entered last year?,the last two build offs states less than 50% done can be entered...Is this a change for this build off?....Scootercat....
It can be in the "just for fun" class...no votes or trophies. Just the satisfaction of completing it finally.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Thank's Yoop, for taking on this monumental task! Could we make the responces to individual build threads, PM only? It would make keeping up with each build much easier, not having to read all the "nice build, I'll be watching this one, blah blah blah" posts.

as far as "vintage" I would think anything 25 years or older :shrug:
are you referring to the engine or the frame shadow?

thanks Karen and neck. not sure if I can do that cliff :shrug:i had a hard figuring out to just making this a sticky :laugh: I agree with you as far as those posts.

and cheezy you can keep answering questions for me :hammer:

not going to be easy keeping up with all this.i just started a new job (midnights) and I'm still all messed up as far as my schedule. thought I was going to be laid off all winter
i'll do my best

Last edited:
Thank you YOOP for taking on this responsibility. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pat