OldMiniBikes Build-Off 2019 Classes and Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldMiniBikes Build-Off 2019 Classes and Rules

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes 2019 Build-Off! This year we are streamlining the classes and simplifying the rules. There will be four classes this year. Start date January 1st, 2019 and deadline is February 1st, 2019. You will not be allowed to enter after February 1st, 2019. The end of the competition is May 31st, 2019.
If something doesn't seem clear, or you have a specific question not covered here, please feel free to post it here, or PM the moderator (Havasu Dave) of this event.

Vintage Class:

Any bike 30 years old, or older. (1989 and older) Any engine, any drive train, any modifications.

International Class:

Any machine where the bulk of the components were produced outside of America. Any engine, any drive train, any modifications.

18 and Under Class:

Primary builder must be age 18 or younger. Any machine powered by any engine.

Anything Goes Class:

This class is for anything not covered above. This includes 3 or more wheels.

How to Enter/Rules:

A common “item” will be announced on December 31st, 2018. To enter, take a photo of your project and that item and post it under the appropriate thread under the 2019 Build Off section.

Edit: The object that you will need to have prominently displayed in your entry post photo is a book.

Machines must be less than half way completed as of January 1st, 2019.

One machine per class, enter as many machines as you like.

A video of someone operating a running project under its own power will be required prior to May 31st, 2019 in order to be judged.

Voting will be done by a popular vote by your peers here on OldMiniBikes Forums. No awards, prizes, or trophies will be awarded, but winners will get bragging rights!

Gaining and keeping interest in your build are key factors in popular vote judging, so post good photos, and post often.

Last edited:
Thank you Dave for moderating this years build off!

I don’t know if I’ll be in it this year, maybe. I’m collecting parts for a bonanza bc1300. Already got the seat done (from Karen!) and the wheels burnished. If it’s still within the rules then I’ll enter I think.

Looking forward to seeing another batch of great builds!

I think I'm gonna throw in with my 71 Rupp Hustler for the vintage class. Should be fun, and it's currently torn apart completely for cleaning, welding repair, and an engine rebuild that won't even start till sometime after New Years.

Thank you Dave for moderating this years build off!

I don’t know if I’ll be in it this year, maybe. I’m collecting parts for a bonanza bc1300. Already got the seat done (from Karen!) and the wheels burnished. If it’s still within the rules then I’ll enter I think.

Looking forward to seeing another batch of great builds!
Having your wheels burnished, and seat done are less than 50% of the bike, if nothing else is done. Builders "generally" farm out those two tasks anyway, so I see no problem with you entering your Bonanza as you describe it. Thanks.

Thank you Dave !
I restored the minibikes I have in last years competition. As of now, I don't have anything to enter.
I'll have to see if I can find something to restore for 2019 :)
Danford1

Thanks for moderating, Dave. I had a few prime speed parts gathering dust and rust so I
ordered a short block and will try to get a motor together for the build-off. Believe me,
I have only a fraction of the talent shown time and again that you guys and gals put into builds.
Right now I'm wanting a go kart that will smoke the tires but that could change.

Status
Not open for further replies.