OldMiniBikes Clutch Brake Kit.

Hello everyone,

I purchased a clutch brake kit from OldMiniBikes warehouse and it did not contain any directions.
I believe I got it figured out but need some advise.

Pictured below is the way I believe it goes but was not sure about the 2 nuts.
Are they for centering the band like I pictured?
100_4165.JPG
100_4163.JPG
100_4164.JPG

There is no lock washer & it seems to me that there should be 2 nuts on each side of the band so you can lock the nuts together to prevent them from moving.

NO DIRECTIONS in the kit.

I clicked on the link & it took me to a user profile? Do you have a link showing the proper installation or advise?
I posted the link to a member who knows all about this, and will probably get back to you. Or, you could go to the OldMiniBikes Warehouse section and hit the "help" button and they're pretty fast about getting back to you. Although it is Sunday right now, and hopefully they are spending time with their families and not at work.

I posted the link to a member who knows all about this, and will probably get back to you. Or, you could go to the OldMiniBikes Warehouse section and hit the "help" button and they're pretty fast about getting back to you. Although it is Sunday right now, and hopefully they are spending time with their families and not at work.
Thanks,
I thought you provided a user profile for me to pm him but wasn't sure.
Thanks again

Thanks,
I thought you provided a user profile for me to pm him but wasn't sure.
Thanks again
No problem. And your set up does not look right at all. I do not use these clutch setups, but I do know that nuts left on threads tend to spin. Since you can't torque the nuts into the brake, (it has to rotate after all) it seems to me that it would have a jam nut on either side to lock the brake retaining nuts in place.

I use a similar set up on a jackshaft, and on one side I use spring tension to allow for some wobble on the shoe, and on the other, a 9/16 lock nut with flat washers on each side of the actual band, but that was my own design.

Hello. I am new to the forum. I saw one of these kits on a bike today. It looked really well built. I am going to be ordering one this week.

I have 4 bikes with the OldMiniBikes clutch brake kit installed, I wouldn't use anything else!! I can lock up the rear tire on my sport king any time I want or simply adjust the thumb nut to not lock up the rear tire, very simple to use and very well built...