OldMiniBikes Warehouse

Old Minibike Warehouse -
Has anyone bought parts from this site?
I found them in a roundabout way through here and other internet sources along with YouTube.
I thought it looked like a great store with a great site and many parts all under one roof which would make things easier to order.
The Grey Goat does a lot of very good how-to videos.
I would like to support a business like this and was expecting phone support when ordering.
Well, it doesn't work like that over there. First off, they tell you they are recording your call and to hang up if you don't like it.
That's okay but doesn't feel very friendly. Then I was informed there is no one to talk to regarding parts. If I have any questions the woman on the phone would
generate an email for me and a tech would respond through email. I had made an account and put a bunch of items in my cart. I just need a handful of small
questions to get additional items sorted for my order (best clutch for my application, bushings, etc.).
Too many little questions that would take days of back and forth email but could be answered in one quick
sentence and move to the next small question. All of these questions are to get the right parts the first time without doubt. Fast and easy.
I can call Azusa and get fast answers to parts fitment but thought OldMiniBikes Warehouse would be a good "Go to" type of store.
Also, I couldn't find an email address on their site. Only a link to an unknown address that I can't get to. I'm actually a little surprised that they show a phone number and answer it. Some internet stores don't show any address or phone at all. I am not comfortable buying from a site like that.
All parts fitment questions that I had could have been answered in a much shorter time than it took me to type this post.
I can't be the first one to hit the wall with this place.

So what is a good source for most all mini bike parts under one roof ? Go Karts USA, Go Powersports? Just get as much as possible from Azusa and
another couple of related parts suppliers?

Lizardking

Hello and welcome aboard..!!

I haven't dealt with them but many people here don't support that site for many reasons.

Look at top of the page at hent.com for your part needs. He also owns and runs this great treasure trove called oldminibikes.com and will answer your questions.

This is the for sale section btw.. Enjoy !!

I haven't dealt with them but many people here don't support that site for many reasons.

Look at top of the page at hent.com for your part needs. He also owns and runs this great treasure trove called oldminibikes.com and will answer your questions.

This is the for sale section btw.. Enjoy !!

Oh, sorry and thanks. I thought this parts forum was the right place to post but maybe it should be in general.
I just went to hent.com and will check for my parts there. Looks like a good site.

And I joined this site for info and will ask more in the future. Maybe even add to it if I can. Ha

Most places just sells parts. They don't pay somebody to answer all your questions. Just like any other store . If you have a question, ask here and somebody will help you or visit YouTube. Hent.com has most of the parts you will need.
Thanks for the reply and don't take this wrong as I don't mean to come across as a jackass but my parts ordering questions are concerning price and model numbers. Not how to build a mini bike. That's why I came here. There are listings for what looks to be the same part with a minor difference and pricing that is 30% different. I just want to know what I am buying and why. Not how to build. To put this in perspective next time you go to an auto parts store don't have any interaction with a parts person other than telling them what you want. Example - "Oil filter 3/4 thread". "0/20 Oil". Ask no questions. Because they don't pay somebody to answer all your questions. Just like any other store.
I just bought new rotors and pads for my truck at NAPA and there were 4 choices. I didn't ask them how to install them. But I did ask what the
difference was. And they helped me make a choice and away I went with my parts. It was quick and easy like I have done many times before.
I had no concerns for what parts I just bought because they answered my questions about the differences. Is this really too much ?
Maybe I need to climb a small hill and sit on a big rock for a few hours and ponder life. And then decide if I want to continue with the mini bike
projects or stick with motorcycles. If mini bike parts are that hard to buy I may need to back out of it. I have bought a lot from Azusa years ago
and they were always there to answer parts questions before ordering.
So that's what I want. No BS. Just old school style interaction.

As @manchester1 said, just lay your questions out here and you'll get good advice/answers. This a great and very supportive forum. OldMiniBikes Warehouse was once a go-to for parts, but has become just another online purchase point, and frankly, the last few times I used them I was disappointed in the service/shipping times. I quit using them a while back..Reach out to @Hent , or @Hent.com for what you need.

I've bought allot of parts from OMBW and they came super fast and packaged very well. I've never had any problems with them their prices are prolly some of the best on the internet. id shop there be for gopowersports ever. no offence to gopowersports but I've also ordered from them and found them to be overpriced and shipping toke forever not to mention some of their welds are straight crap.

if you have questions just ask on here or there's a ton of minibike groups on facebook

At the bottom of the home page for OldMiniBikes Warehouse they have a contact us link. When the e-mail from comes up just type it Grey Goat Garage in the subject line and then fire away with your question. I have done this 8 or 9 times. He gets back to you in one day. Part numbers, photos, advise and good clear explanation. His knowledge has really helped me out a bunch.
by the way his name is Mr. Eric Adams

toomanytoys

I've used them a ton and never had an issue. Although I never called asking questions.

Gopowersports is the one I've used the most recently. They are a little slow to ship, but who isn't today with our current state of affairs.

Go power sports will ship you carburetors in a fed ex envelope no padding just a fucking envelope….then when you complain about damage to the carb they blow you off and quit returning your email and phone calls….very bad business!

Go power sports will ship you carburetors in a fed ex envelope no padding just a fucking envelope….then when you complain about damage to the carb they blow you off and quit returning your email and phone calls….very bad business!
exactly and idk whose doing their welds over there but wow are thy crap they must bei hiring a welder at 7 bucks an hour cuss that's about what there tig welds look like they're worth now days

As a former employee there, let me try to help a little from their perspective....
First, yes it seems they have gone virtual with tech help(which was my former position but I was in house and on the phone all day). I know what the reasons are for this(most of them) and I'm not getting into that here. Honestly, what do you think the mark up is on minibike parts? While they have a brick and mortar store, tying a person up on a parts counter for an hour with questions and then someone doesn't buy anything equals lost money for them. Lastly, the poeple who work there really aren;t "minibike people." It's a job for them. They know as much as the part description tells them.

Now, I don't agree with any of the above. These are how things were explained when I left. Eric is a minibike guy and he is very knowledgable. He is also not "in house" hence the ticket and email system. It's a business for them and a hobby for us. Also many of the parts are not in their physical inventory. They are drop shipped. Technical questions can be difficult to answer when you cannot get your hands on the parts. Sadly it seems to be how things are going. Mom and Pop stores are falling. People want their parts ASAP and a physical store filled with inventory is too much overhead to keep prices affordable. It's a balancing act of sorts.

For tech questions on parts and personal service I would recommend Studz. If you know what you need order it from Hent.com. You can also post links and questions here and you will get help. I would start a project thread so we know what you are building/planning.

mustangfrank

As a former employee there, let me try to help a little from their perspective....
First, yes it seems they have gone virtual with tech help(which was my former position but I was in house and on the phone all day). I know what the reasons are for this(most of them) and I'm not getting into that here. Honestly, what do you think the mark up is on minibike parts? While they have a brick and mortar store, tying a person up on a parts counter for an hour with questions and then someone doesn't buy anything equals lost money for them. Lastly, the poeple who work there really aren;t "minibike people." It's a job for them. They know as much as the part description tells them.

Now, I don't agree with any of the above. These are how things were explained when I left. Eric is a minibike guy and he is very knowledgable. He is also not "in house" hence the ticket and email system. It's a business for them and a hobby for us. Also many of the parts are not in their physical inventory. They are drop shipped. Technical questions can be difficult to answer when you cannot get your hands on the parts. Sadly it seems to be how things are going. Mom and Pop stores are falling. People want their parts ASAP and a physical store filled with inventory is too much overhead to keep prices affordable. It's a balancing act of sorts.

For tech questions on parts and personal service I would recommend Studz. If you know what you need order it from Hent.com. You can also post links and questions here and you will get help. I would start a project thread so we know what you are building/planning.
Good point about Studz, I keep reminding myself to run over there instead of clicking on my computer, gotta try to keep the local stores open. Cheaper to pay sales tax than shipping now anyway.

I went to Hent.com and tried to buy some parts. I was only able to get most items on a wish list. Not sure what that means but maybe not in stock?
I decided to simplify things and went to Azusa Parts. I need more things coming up and will try Hent again.
BTW I'm working on a Taco 44 right now. It's mostly done but needs a refresh. Then another 44 soon after if I can keep my momentum up.
Thanks for all the comments.

I have been able to talk to Eric, the Gray Goat, a while back. He is very knowledgeable and seems to have solutions to most problems and answers to all questions. He even directed me where to go for parts they don’t offer!
Eric told me he answers a ton of questions daily and his phone time is very limited. He also said that too often people call with questions about parts and want to talk for 30 minutes and then he still has to send emails for links to parts. He also indicated some people want to talk for 15 minutes about a $2 part. That cannot make financial sense for any company
Maybe call Hent.com and ask questions there. I did not see a phone number on that site. Maybe someone here has that number for you

Maybe there could be a separate forum here, for questions about products?
Like a Hent.com forum?
That might free up the phone lines and also answer those questions for those that have them?