OldMiniBikes Build-off 2013

Welcome to the 2013 OldMiniBikes build-off. This thread will have all the basic rules, regulations, and other info needed to participate in the build-off. You can also post related questions here.

Classes
This year there will be four classes that you may enter in. You can enter as many bikes as you can complete, and in any of the four classes, you can enter more than one bike in the same class as well.

Open Class
Anything goes as long as its in the spirit of a mini bike. Clone engines, pitbike engines, modern frames, home built frames, whatever you can dream up, build it!

Vintage Class
Engine must be single cylinder, flat head design, or vintage 2 stroke
Centrifical or generic torque converter(such as slip-belt system), or 2 speed jackshaft.

More Than 2 Wheels Class
This class is for trikes, gokarts, and other contraptions that have more than 2 wheels. The rules for powerplants, clutches, and wheel/tire size are the same as in the open class.

Azusa Frame & Fork Class
Keep it "mini bike related", using the same kind of parts you'd find on a mini bike or go-kart. Engines can be flat head or ohv, new or old parts, doesn't really matter. Whatever fits in your budget and skill level. Only for Azusa frame and fork bikes.

Rules(same as last year)

1.Start date Jan 1st 2013!
Deadline for entry post February 1st 2013! If we do not have an entry post picture by end of day on February 1st you will not be allowed to enter.
Finish date May 31st 2013!
2. No bike allowed unless it's less than half finished! You can start gathering parts and materials now, but assembly and fabrication not allowed until January 1st, 2012.
3. Must be a shot of the bike/parts pile up front with a sign with OldMiniBikes 2013 BBO (Entry Post)!
4. Must be a photo of you riding the bike or a video of the bike running at the end!
5. Must have at least one update by the builder every month! Even if your bike is complete you must post something. This post is due by the 15th of each month!!
6. Finished bike must be a runner.
7. Winner by popular vote - One vote per user
8. Non Starters & Drop Outs will be deleted to avoid clutter. This means if you do not post once per month minimum or make an entry post by February 1st 2013 your entry will be deleted. To be clear on this, you must have 1 post in your thread at least once every 30 days. If you go longer than 30 days you will be removed. Constructive feedback is welcome in the threads. However, we will not tolerate bashing or negative comments towards others work. If you do not like something someone is doing then just keep it to yourself. This is not an oppurtunity to begin a flame war. This is a no drama zone!

The rules for the classes and general rules are the same as last year, and the Azusa class rules are the same as Hent had for the Azusa frame/fork build off. Lets make this the best build off yet, and if you have any questions, need help, or have a problem with something PM me.

As for the entry picture that is due by February 1st 2013, I posted my entry photo from last years build off to give you an idea of what it should look like. Remember, it must have OldMiniBikes Build-off 2013, the class you are in, and your screen name.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks guys. :thumbsup: I just wish it would hurry up and be Jan. 1st so we could start building, I wanna start working on my bike, and see what everybody else is building.

manco12

The wheels are currently off of my bike. Does that make it only half finished? :laugh:

I take too much time to be a part of this. I wish everyone good luck though and am excited to see what you guys come up with. And good job Clayon :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Valocalrep

Thanks guys. :thumbsup: I just wish it would hurry up and be Jan. 1st so we could start building, I wanna start working on my bike, and see what everybody else is building.
Man you have no idea i was off all weekend and spent most of the time in the garage and riding my other mini and its taking everything in me to hold out till Jan so i can start this one.

I keep finding different crap........

What's the record for the most builds by one person?
Not sure, there is not limit. Heck, if you want to enter 10 bikes go ahead, only thing is finishing them, and doing a good job on all of them will likely come back to bite you. The rule is to enter what you can finish and do a good job on because this is a build off. :thumbsup:

Almost forgot, there will be a secret item that must be in your pile of parts entry photo. It will be announced the last day of December since the build off starts Jan. 1st. :thumbsup:

Valocalrep

Almost forgot, there will be a secret item that must be in your pile of parts entry photo. It will be announced the last day of December since the build off starts Jan. 1st. :thumbsup:
What it i dont have said item? my supply is very limited till after the holidays lol