OldMiniBikes Build-Off 2019 Classes and Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see some interest in this, and gratified to see some long time members as well as newer members thinking about this!

I wanted to clarify something: While you have until Jan 31st to enter the contest, you certainly do not have to have all of your parts on hand by that time. Many of you will be fabricating as you go along. We've seen entry photos with nothing more than a pile of tubing, so as long as you enter with a photo of the secret object, and any parts you have, you're okay.

I didn't mention anything about a sign with 2019 OldMiniBikes and class like we have done in the past, and quite frankly, don't see a requirement for it, because you'll have that secret object in your photo. You will select your class from the drop down menu that Hent created above, when creating your build thread.

@Hent I am no longer a Face Book member, so any kinkage, shrinkage, or linkage involving that hallowed cyber s-hole and this august forum will need to be done by someone less curmudgeonly than myself.

Good to see some interest in this, and gratified to see some long time members as well as newer members thinking about this!

I wanted to clarify something: While you have until Jan 31st to enter the contest, you certainly do not have to have all of your parts on hand by that time. Many of you will be fabricating as you go along. We've seen entry photos with nothing more than a pile of tubing, so as long as you enter with a photo of the secret object, and any parts you have, you're okay.

I didn't mention anything about a sign with 2019 OldMiniBikes and class like we have done in the past, and quite frankly, don't see a requirement for it, because you'll have that secret object in your photo. You will select your class from the drop down menu that Hent created above, when creating your build thread.

@Hent I am no longer a Face Book member, so any kinkage, shrinkage, or linkage involving that hallowed cyber s-hole and this august forum will need to be done by someone less curmudgeonly than myself.
Nice work Dave, I had to look-up small case august to refresh my memory! Wonderful work, that prose was spot-on.
Steve

Dave ….you are going to have to stop using those big words that a barefoot Kentucky boy can't understand …..or me and you might have a skirmish going on ! lol :p

That's right, OND. And not just Dave. I feel like I need a translator sometime when
Ole or delray or danford1 or FirePowerMinis or...(.the list goes on, you know who you are) get
wound up. I just tell myself it's natural for Ph.D.'s in mechanical engineering to be
on a mini bike forum with us Kentucky boys; I 'got your back' in any skirmish that may arise.

Dave is today the last day someone can enter the build off ?
Eric, (and all) I made a mistake by saying "Yes" since according the rules, TODAY is the last day you can enter. I apologize for any confusion. Start date January 1st, 2019 and deadline is February 1st, 2019. You will not be allowed to enter after February 1st, 2019.

As we come to the last three weeks of the 2019 OldMiniBikes Build Off, I'd like to remind everyone that a video of someone operating the machine is required in order to be considered for votes. To date, I see videos posted for Chipper, Skipp and Sport King Eric. If I am missing yours, send me a PM and a link please. Thank you, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.