OldMiniBikes Build Off 2020

Nice write up but you didn't enter properly. Lol. After you click on OldMiniBikes build off 2020, you have to select the "prefix" of the class you are entering. That will enter you in the build off. Let me know if you need help.

So when in 1971, i saved up snow shoveling and lawn money to buy my first mini bike. went to Kelly's mini bike shop in Rochester NY, and for some odd reason, ended up buying a Broncco TX2 (orange.) Here's a picture of me and my new bike:

When I got back into mini bikes, i never thought i would come across any Broncco stuff. And frankly, I wasn't really jonesin' for a Broncco either. I always liked my neighbor's Rupp roadster and other neighbor's Honda ct70. They seemed way better (and in fact were.) I have since re-done a bunch of Rupps (you can't throw a rock without hitting one around here, they are everywhere.) But i ended up tripping across a couple Bronccos, and thought, what the heck, maybe i should re-do these. So i bought a Tx1 and a Tx2:

The one thing I always hated about my original Tx2 was the lack of rear suspension. So a couple years after I bought my first mini bike (probably 1973), I noticed my neighbor had a 'roller' (we didn't call them that) in his garage and it was a 1970 green broncco Tx2 (front and rear suspension). He sold it to me for $13, with no engine and a torn seat. I stripped all the good parts off my Tx1 and put them on the Tx2, and added a torque converter. It was a pretty awesome mini bike! I could finally almost keep up with the Rupp neighbor and his Roadster.

So what I'm going to do here is use the 1970 green Tx1 in the picture above as a guide (only), and turn the blue 1970 Tx2 into a Broncco Tx1. Will have to add a swingarm and a jackshaft. Probably some other stuff too. Will also install a torque converter. I've been buying Bronco parts as they come up on ebay, they are pretty hard to find.... I'll put a Tecumseh HS50 motor on the Broncco with a nice UAxx Dellorto carb (it's an Italian mini bike, must have a Dellorto.) I'm not sure how 'stock' it will all look, but i'm going to try and mimic the green Tx2.

Sorry about the lack of shoes. Instead I put my Vintage Flipper World coffee cup in the picture. i thought you could use any personal item. Maybe i'll go back to the shop and take another picture with a shoe...
Don't mind that it says 2019. Just select your class and name your build.

LAST DAY TO ENTER !!!!!!!!!!
One more day according to rules posted by Hent in post #1.

OldMiniBikes Build-Off 2020 Classes and Rules

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes 2020 Build-Off! This year we are streamlining the classes and simplifying the rules. There will be four classes this year. Start date January 1st, 2020 and deadline is February 1st, 2020. You will not be allowed to enter after February 1st, 2020. The end of the competition is May 31st, 2020.