OldMiniBikes Build-off Trophy Committee

CarPlayLB

To anyone making trophies!

I have an industrial laser at home that I do some work with. I have material that trophy makers use for the inscription plates for trophies. If anyone making a trophy wants a plate for it, please let me know. I would love to help anyway I can! Here are a couple I whipped up for fun!

All I need to know is what size, shape, and whaddya want it to say and I can email a proof before I make them. OldMiniBikes has been a great online community for me, and I want to give back!

rmm727

You have an Epilog? I used to have access to a laser engraver. Boy to I miss it. I used to make me own gaskets with it. Good work there Car Play

CarPlayLB

Yuup...Epilog Mini 12 x 24 ...but only 30watts...all I could afford at the time! ...and I like the fact that it was made in the USA!

I have not done any gaskets yet, but I am working towards that. I would love to be able to just scan a gasket and throw it in the machine, but I suspect it's not that easy! Never is! I love my laser and have done a lot of fun things with. Needed a pilot bushing to center a sprocket on the bar stool racer...scratched my head....and then lasered one from acrylic ...easy deal, worked perfect!

Thats great CarPlay , I am building / donating two plaque style trophies one for the Azusa Frame and Fork catagory and one for a Peoples choice
I would be great full for some engravings
Shoot me a PM

rmm727

Yuup...Epilog Mini 12 x 24 ...but only 30watts...all I could afford at the time! ...and I like the fact that it was made in the USA!

I have not done any gaskets yet, but I am working towards that. I would love to be able to just scan a gasket and throw it in the machine, but I suspect it's not that easy! Never is! I love my laser and have done a lot of fun things with. Needed a pilot bushing to center a sprocket on the bar stool racer...scratched my head....and then lasered one from acrylic ...easy deal, worked perfect!
Those do great on acrylic. I used that rolled gasket paper, unrolled it and put it under a heavy book for a week. Suppose you could get close enough using a scanner but I reverse engineered mine and drew them up in AutoCAD. I used to work where we had a 45 watt 24x36 with the rotary table. Have fun. I used that machine every day.

I wanna give a big thankyou to Eric (CarPlayLB) for sending me plaques for the Open Class winner trophy. They look great and stuck on really good, thanks man, you're the best. :drinkup:

:thumbsup: