On/off switch from RadioShack

I went to RadioShack yesterday and they have alot of cool on off switches, is it possible to wire one up to a predator, I know you have to tap into the wire coming from the coil that comes from underneath the gas tank but what kind of wire do I need to connect to the killswitches from radio shack? Any help would be great

This thread shows some photos and instructons.

As far as wire, any automotive wire will work, and I've gone as small as 22 ga. I like a quick disconnect so I can remove the engine without cutting. Not sure which switch you are refering to, since Radio Shack sells a lot of them. Toggle or pushbutton? Most of their switches are not grounded to the case, so it requires two wires- one to the other side of the existing off/on switch on the engine, and another to ground.

As far as wire, any automotive wire will work, and I've gone as small as 22 ga. I like a quick disconnect so I can remove the engine without cutting. Not sure which switch you are refering to, since Radio Shack sells a lot of them. Toggle or pushbutton? Most of their switches are not grounded to the case, so it requires two wires- one to the other side of the existing off/on switch on the engine, and another to ground.
I'd like a switch, so I can run a ground to the stock ground by the fan shroud,and another wire tapped into the coil wire with a wire connector , you think that will work? I want to keep the stock switch as well

I'd like a switch, so I can run a ground to the stock ground by the fan shroud,and another wire tapped into the coil wire with a wire connector , you think that will work? I want to keep the stock switch as well
Yes, that works. Note that you can use one end of the existing switch wire for the coil side, since you end up disconnecting it from the oil level switch.

Maury,
Read "The Ruppster_86's" reply in the link that Dave has provided you- it is the simplest way to do it BY FAR, and the original engine switch still works as well. If you buy the correct switch for this application there is only 1 wire to connect.
Michael

Last edited: