On the way…

Well made it to Lake Havasu city tonight….met a couple great guys today….my good bud Havasu Dave….damn he makes me laugh….and is one hell of a mini bike restorer…and in Nevada I met a mini bike racing legend….heard several great stories and made a friend! Headed to Dave’s tomorrow to load up picture the shit outa my new bike…and head east….by the way dry heat sucks just as bad as east coast heat….

A great visit for sure, only wished we have more time to shoot the breeze. Skipp is as awesome in person as he's been on the forums. I feel fortunate to have met him, and spend some time with an iconic bike. I'll let the owner speak about it if he wants. It was my first look at an unmolested Bonanza set up for racing. Down to the flat fuel filter, it was all there. I got to make some side by side comparisons to my over-restored machine, which is now on it's way back to W VA with it's new owner. Both bikes pictured. Hope it's okay with the new owners. IMG_4746.JPG

Another leg of this great adventure in the books….met another super dude and OldMiniBikes member, bobco…awesome and pristine collection of mini bikes, some I’ve never seen…he was way too kind and generous to an old fat guy…thanks again bud!

As bad as seeming someone drive off with your ol pal dog… AF54B72E-63ED-4219-804D-616D233D6A3F.jpeg
Going to a great place with a super great guy….another fine meeting….hope to see you again sometime!!

Well this is the end of a long awesome summer journey that actually logged 6000 miles….two great additions to my collection, and met several fantastic people and one legend….he was awesome too…

Hope next summer is as interesting….