OND's - Bonanza - (Vintage Open)

Biffmini

Looking great, I like the stud idea. The same look either side Nice! Oh my eye bolts are lose as a goose :doah: your simple fix is the ticket. :thumbsup:

buckeye

My gosh Eric.
That is some dang fine work. And those wheels sure dressed up with acorn nuts on both side.
Nice little fine detail.

Eric, you might want to weld those eyelets closed. I recall Unorthodox having a problem with hardware store eyelets on his Restomod and them opening up after riding a while. Those acorn nuts are a great addition to the wheels. I'll have to remember this trick!:thumbsup:

[MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] Without question the eyebolts need to be welded closed. And even then they will get egg shaped with use. You could get a couple of thick washers, notch them and then weld a stud to them for an even better setup. The hardware store grade eyebolts are just butter bolts..... Soft as butter...

I really like the acorn nuts on the wheels. Very slick! Heck I like it all so far. I know it will be sweet when it is done.

Doug

BRAKES

I'm trying to figure out a good braking system for this build...and it kinda looks like I'm going to be stuck with the old 4'' to 4 1/2'' rear shoe brake system or a clutch brake. Problem being the back swing arm with the slotted axle adjustments....the brake system needs to be able to move with the rear wheel adjustments.

I know the clutch brake has a lot better stopping power than this drum brake system....so I might go this route. But would rather have the brakes on the rear wheel. Also thought about mounting a band brake and puck on the jack shaft...but no room for this.

No room on the swing arm for a sprocket/disc brake and I hate covering up the other side of the rear wheel with a brake rotor and caliper, plus the caliper would have to be adjustable with the rear wheel adjustments.

Any thoughts ???

Eric same dilemma I faced with mine ( which should be back from powder coater last week :doah:) I went clutch band brake and new tennis shoes :laugh:

CarPlayLB

E, that rear drum set up is nearly useless! I have one and it is not great!
Clutch brake! I have one on my Rowdy Ruttman and it will stop my lard a$$ in a hurry! Will lock the rear tire! Use that POS rear brake as a back up!

Got some of the old paint off this past weekend, foot pegs off, new bearings for the jackshaft only to find out that the shaft was junk. Also got a few parts from some OldMiniBikes members...you know who you are....so Thanks ! I hope to get them on this weekend. Not much left to do but get a order in to te OldMiniBikes warehouse for some much needed parts.
Here's a quick mock up for my seat maker....about this size but different colors.:wink:

Still a lot of If's on this bike, engine, handle bars, brakes, clutch or TAV, paint or powder.