Oops, I did it again...Brought home another DB30S (New Project)

Your minibike came out excellent

Lots of very meticulous work and TLC.
Love the pictures out on the road nice get together and ride. :scooter:

Daniel Coop

Tastey set of bikes..:thumbsup: ...glad winter soon here, I'll have money to spend..I'm in habernation till then..I'll tinker a bit..buy a bike..maybe two..:laugh:
Thanks man. I appreciate the compliment. It's all in good fun. I think I have just as much fun building these things as I do riding them. I bought enough last year to keep me busy for the next couple.

Daniel Coop

Man I'm pretty sure I owned that bike at one point. I'm glad t got the justice it deserved

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes
Highly doubtful as I found it in Colorado Springs by chance after I happened to take a taxi fare clear down there from Denver. All Doodlebug's start out the same and look the same. At least until I get my hands on them. I've had 3 red DB's...

Last edited:
Wow! Puerto Rico? How's the hobby in Puerto Rico? Thank you also for your kind words.
I figure the hobby is doing ok over here, every once in a while I see other people riding their minis.
I only been back in the island for the last 3 years after a 27 year absence. So I don't know other people to meet and go riding around, I sort off do a quick solo and return home.

I have been picking up minis that show up in the local classifieds, so far I got a 70's Duster, a Wirl Wind, a DB-30 and 2 Bajas MB-165 plenty to stay busy.

Probably as I expand my rides I will meet other people, will see.

Daniel Coop

Been riding the hell outta this bike. No issues whatsoever. The skip tooth sprocket works good and while I have had no complaints, I can't say the bikes any faster for it. But who knows...This thing has a 13t clutch and a 61t sprocket and still wants to do wheelies off the line! It's pretty damn fast. The grooved slicks do just fine on decent street, but wants to follow ruts and cracks on others. That all goes away around 40, but the flat wide slicks aren't very confidence inspiring on curves. Added some new decals a buddy made for me on the tank.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

And added some others to my clutch cover and fender. Made this bike for my wife who was diagnosed with Epilepsy nearly 3 years ago now... But her epilepsy has progressed and she hasn't driven for over 2 years. She'll probably never ride it, but I will ride it proudly for her and hope I can raise just a tiny bit of awareness. Purple is the color adopted by the Epilepsy Awareness Foundation and the reason I chose this color combo. No cure for epilepsy, and little funding for research.

Highly doubtful as I found it in Colorado Springs by chance after I happened to take a taxi fare clear down there from Denver. All Doodlebug's start out the same and look the same. At least until I get my hands on them. I've had 3 red DB's...
The reason I thought so is because it was the fender damage is identical to one I sold to a guy in he springs lol

Daniel Coop

Never quite satisfied, and bored on a Tuesday night, I thought it would be fun to rob my yet to be used box stock clone motor, of it's larger valve, .065 milled and ported head with Champion rockers, 22lb springs and big bore RuiXing carb (headwork and carb boring courtesy of Dan at Childish Concepts Racing) and do another Hemi delete/212, clone hybrid...

This bike has turned into a little more than a "cruser", but after building my buddy's high compression Mod 2 Hemi, and having another buddy drop off another Hemi to build, I didn't want this bike to be out done...
Luckily for me, I just happened to have a set of correct length NR chromoly pushrods and .010 metal head gasket lying around for this very application.

Stay tuned...

Daniel Coop

Had the flu or something the last couple days, finally made it back out to the garage to clean up the block deck in preparation for the new head and gasket. Those thick fiber head gaskets sure bake themselves on.
Head and gasket on and torqued to 19ft lbs... I soon realized that my chromoly pushrods were too short. I had 5.160, which was supposed to fit and were the size I used in a similar motor... After a little digging, I realized the cam that's in it, that I removed from my blown Grayhound clone is a Dyno CS grind cam, not the CL3, and I guess the CS cam has a small base circle, so longer pushrods work better with this cam. I ended up using stock clone pushrods, also from the Box Stock clone motor. I'll replace them with the stock length molly pushrods when they show up. They're definitely beefier and worth the peace of mind to me when compared side by side with the stock pushrods.

Daniel Coop

With the piston basically at zero deck, and the .065 milled head, this thing should have a good bit of compression and hopefully a bit more power sucking air and fuel through the 6.75 bore carb and ported head. Pretty straight forward swaps all in all.
I'll paint and install the taller Champion valve cover and then put it back in the bike tomorrow. Hopefully my new header shows up tomorrow too. I stuck the 3 stage center exit RLV header on the Motovox I sold, so I currently have no exhaust...

Daniel Coop

Nothing left to do but see what it do... Trying to get it back in the bike for our little group ride tomorrow morning... Suppose I should light it off before sticking it in the bike.
Excuse the mess... Lol. Been a busy week.

Daniel Coop

Well, results were impressive for a moment... But after 1 hard ride my idle quality went to shit, like it had a bad vacuum leak. I double and triple checked everything including valve lash, and replaced all the intake gaskets and plastic insulator but nothing seemed to help. After scratching my head over it a couple days, I decided to remove the engine and completely disassemble it again going over everything with a fine tooth comb, concentrating on the valvetrain and head that I had just done. In the meantime, the bike served as a test bed for a couple other engines I had built.
Another Hemi Predator with .020 long rod, .010 head gasket, CS cam and 22lb springs with "stock look"
Tillotson carburetor.
Gen 1 (non Hemi), .020 long rod with milled and ported 5 bolt Grayhound head, CL22 cam, 22lb springs and big bore carb.
Back to my Hemi block/clone head hybrid...Surprisingly, I found that the exhaust lobe on the cam had almost a flat spot and the lifter looked pretty beat up too.
hard to see in the pic but fairly obvious in person. Being the only issue I could find, it was time to order a new cam and lifter, and gave me an excuse to make some upgrades. Since some of my competition is now on the forum, I'm keeping my upgrades on the low, but will say It now has over .300 lift with dual springs on new stainless valves. I ended up ditching the guide plate as the new thicker molly pushrods rubbed, and it was unnecessary with these Champion rockers.

I also got myself another Premier Stinger clutch for it. Used on eBay for $40, it had a 17t driver on it that I switched out for a much smaller Bully driver that still had needle bearings instead of the bushing typical of most others.
She hauls now...
I'm going to try the next size up in main jets and might play around with gearing a little more, but I'm loving it so far...