Open class "ka powell"

oseanc

Thanks guys! Got some work done on it yesterday. I got the belt, pulley, sprockets and chain hooked up. Also started on the seat post/frame.

oseanc

Got more work done. Let me know what you think? Is that seat too big and ugly? I had a question about Powells and there "tension shifter". How much do they actually pivot? Mine is only a few inches. I think i might make it have N 1 2 and maybe 3 if i shift it when im already hauling ass.

buckeye

Dude, looks great. Good tip on the bending tool.
Seat does look a bit big, but your mini is beefy. Kinda big, I guess.

oseanc

I made this thang for the tension selector. I have seen rubber and springs used. Running a GX240 so im not sure if rubber would work. Wha cha think?

george3

I made this thang for the tension selector. I have seen rubber and springs used. Running a GX240 so im not sure if rubber would work. Wha cha think?

Your not running a tav type driver it looks like a standard belt drive clutch, so you dont need the engine to shift back and forth. Why dont you just lock the swivel down with bars going across.or front to back on the engine plate

oseanc

I think that is one of the coolest features about Powell Challengers. Being able to have a N 1 2 3 speed i think would be awesome. I havn't ridden a C model Powell before, so im not sure if that is why they discontinued it. :doah: I dont want to get rid of it till i try it and plus its gonna look way cool with this shift knob. Any owners opinions about there shifters would be great.

:bowdown: awesome. really enjoying following these threads. Having the pictures to go with it is even better. Cool stuff and i like the weight idea. Another benefit to having the build off. We could probably all teach each other a thing or two. I really like this bike.

Thanks everyone. Did a few more things and took a few more pics of the Powell. I got the tension thingy figured out and mounted the fire extinguisher gas tank. Had a question, if I wanted to make another thread and ask a few questions about my mini bike where would i post in the forum?