Open Class:Spyderdregg's MTD Custom

Ok here's an update.......Nuthin:laugh:.
I have managed to aquire most of the parts I need to do this thing but because of work and the weather not much has been done.By the way thanks to Peekster,trailhopper,leathernun(in advance lol)and KKK for my parts pile.This thing has so many parts off of so many bikes I think Im gonna name it "The Bastard Son":laugh:

Ok so since I have most of the parts for this thing I thought Id slap it together to see what I got.I also have the jackshaft bracket and a front fender but I didnt have them on.Also the seat is not the one that'll be on the final incarnation,Im gonna have a custom one made.I also wasnt going to use the original bars cause of my hate for the style but I have to admit,they're growing on me and they seem comfortable so I might as well use them.Alot of work yet to go,once it gets warmer will be paint and tearing apart the motor and getting that painted and running correctly.

Im going with Duplicolor candy apple green for the frame,inner part of the rims and bars(spray gun not rattle can)and black for the fenders,wheel hats, and gas tank.The color of the frame now is nice but I want to go a different way,besides the only paint I found that matches the purple it is now is the House of Kolor candy purple and that stuffs like 70-75 bucks a quart...ok so Im cheap:laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks Paul,good to meet you too:thumbsup:And thanks for the Box-O-Fun,just about had the last few parts in it I needed to finish this thing!:thumbsup:

Ok finally some nice weather so it turned out to be garage cleaning day,I did manage to De-grungify the motor(had to be about 20 years of crap built up on it)I just have to go through it,pull the old rusted clutch off and rebuild the carb and then it'll be ready for some paint.

Finally....FINALLY looks like winter may be done(fingers crossed) so I got out today and got mostly everything primed and ready for paint.Looks like Wednesday gonna be painting day since its supposed to be nice out...Damn I may actually finish this thing before Windber :laugh:

Last edited:
Well today was paint day part 1.I must say Im really happy with the way the Duplicolor candy paint came out.

First the silver base coat...

Then first coat of candy green,kinda looked like seafoam green from an old chevy or something :laugh:

Then a couple coats later.The pictures really dont do the color justice.

Thanks to my buddy Steve for the awesome paint work.Next step is to paint the other parts black then clear everything.Dont know when we'll be able to get to the rest of it(supposed to rain and get colder again for the next few days)

Last edited:
Thanks guys.I love this paint,just pour and spray,no adding anything.In fact my buddy was so impressd with it(and the price) he's thinking about using their candy red for his truck.