Open Class:Spyderdregg's MTD Custom

Well I now have a roller!!It didnt come out too bad,although I managed to put a few scratches in it while assembling it:doah:but it was never intended to be a show bike so it is what it is.I dont think Ill make the deadline since I still need to paint the gas tank,exhaust tube,and tear down the engine but Im still having a blast with this project so its all good.

Thanks guys.When I saw KKK's post where he was selling this frame I loved it,even though everyone said what an ugly frame these MTD's had,I thought it was such a different and cool style I just knew I could do something rad with it,so this is kinda like my Charlie Brown christmas tree. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well I couldn't make it Windber(my jeep broke and after buying parts I was broke:laugh: )and I didnt get my MTD finished for the deadline of the build off but its finally in the home stretch.Just waiting on an exhaust and TC belt then its hook up the chain,throttle,and kill switch and Im finally done.Didnt come out too bad if I do say so myself.

And yes thats a homemade air cleaner,I told yall I was broke :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Finally got the motor running today,not well but running :laugh: just need to get the carb adjusted right.On an even more positive note the TC-88 I have seems to be working perfectly(well the driver anyway,havent got a belt to test the driven yet)so just one more part order and I should have this thing screamin down the road next weekend(I hope :laugh:)
By the way,maybe a stupid question but on the Gov arm are 5 holes for the gov spring is there one in particular that the spring should be attached to?

Last edited:
very nice.looks great,alot of guys think there ugly but it looks really good.going to get to ours someday
Thanks.I love the look,even the "wooly mamoth" handlebars(as I believe KKK described them once :laugh:) which I wasn't a fan of early on but I realized that without them its just not right and they are actually very comfortable.I love these bikes because they are so different from any other bike,there's just no mistaking this kind of mini,and of course they were made in Cleveland.(Big ups to C-Town :laugh:)
If I come across one and have the cash on hand I think I may pick up the "softtail"version and paint it the same colors except reversed :smile: .
I think we need a new group,the MTD owners group :thumbsup:

buckeye

Oh no, not a cursed cleveland bike. You know how all of our favorite sports teams are cursed. :laugh:

If I remember this bike correctly, Gerry had issues with it. :shrug:

Oh no, not a cursed cleveland bike. You know how all of our favorite sports teams are cursed. :laugh:

If I remember this bike correctly, Gerry had issues with it. :shrug:
Thats why I didnt paint it Brown and Orange :laugh:

And Gerry isnt from Cleveland thats why it threw him off(or so Ive heard) :laugh::laugh::laugh: