Open Class: Tanks Steam Punk Mini

Building was a bit on hold this holiday, sent my lathe chuck in to have an adapter made and it aint done yet.
Still made a new work bench and am eager to have a crack at the 2013 Biuldoff.

Starting from scratch will post a pic of the frame from cad when i can find the file:lol:

The new bench

And the insperation for my build

Good Luck to all

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one comes out, I've seen alot of the steam punk theme lately so this will be cool. :thumbsup:

I thought you were really going to use steam when I saw the thread, you'd win hands down if you did and made it look like one of those drawings. It would take forever, well me it would anyhow. I do like the theme and can't wait to see what you end up with. Your work is top notch so it will be cool and I like clones just fine.:thumbsup: And you need to introduce me to the gals in those pics Uncle Tank!:laugh:

Yea stumbled across a steam punk site about 2 years ago.
Love all the brass and copper. Most of it is non functional, but it allows you to be really creative.
All ready knocking an idea around for wrapping 6mm copper pipe round a form for an air intake.
Rooting for the mono trak though :thumbsup:

Valocalrep

Tank there is a ton of potential with steampunk style, Im excited to see how crazy you make this thing. Old knobs and gears are great aditions

Hello Tank,

I too was not familiar with the term 'steampunk', but when I looked it up, I knew exactly what they were talking about....and realized I have been an unknowing fan since I first read 20,000 leagues under the sea in 1960 something !

What a cool theme for a mini bike.

This reminded me of a 'steam' story....had to go to Dubuque Iowa for business in 2001...they had an 'incline trolly' to get from the bottom of a very steep hill to the top...runs as a tourist attraction now, but been in service since the 1800's....very small, might hold 8 people...run's off electric motors now with steel cables...the operator tells me the first few incarnations of the trolley car were steam powered, and used rope for the cable..:shrug:..the reason for multiple incarnations.....the dang steam boiler got out of control, caught the car on fire, burned the rope in two, and sent the remaining fireball flying down the hill :doah: !

Excuse me for digressing, but I could not resist. Tank, I can't wait to see your creation as it evolves. Please make lots of pictures for us.

Have a good one,

RobertC