Open Clone Build

Starting to get all the parts together for my new build. Building a full open clone this time around and I will post as I make progress.

Starting out with a 2.815 big bore/long rod combo from Clements. Got the block and side cover powder coated last night.

i'll be watching this!!! block is bad to the bone man good job. I want to do the same thing but different color. lol nothing against the purple at all looks great. I want to do green to match my fresh build. can't wait to see this come together. please hurry..lol

Got a little more work done tonight. Hard to find time after work during the week. Powder coated the fan shroud tonight. Also clearanced the block for the cam and opened up the oil return. Also started fabricating the intake manifold for the carb today. Will post pics up the updates tomorrow. Most of the parts should be here by the end of the week, so I should have the bottom end bolted up this weekend.

i'll be watching this!!! block is bad to the bone man good job. I want to do the same thing but different color. lol nothing against the purple at all looks great. I want to do green to match my fresh build. can't wait to see this come together. please hurry..lol
Hit me up if you ever need anything powder coated. I have all the equipment to do most any part in your choice of any color.

Got a lot of work done the last few days.

Powder coated the fan shroud and side cover

Also clearanced the block for the lobes on the cam

Installed the seals and bearings into the block and sidecover

All the new parts waiting to go in the block. 2.815" wiseco piston, .175 arc stroker crank and rod, oversized billet lifters from isky, and an isky .310 cam

Stroker crank, rod, and big bore piston in the block, milled for zero deck height

Lifters and .310 cam from isky in

Studded, gasketed, and all bolted up. Bottom end is done now

You will need bracing on it to keep it alive if it makes the power it most likely will. A clone block is very prone to breaking, they try to blow the jug off. I have broke several in half..

You will need bracing on it to keep it alive if it makes the power it most likely will. A clone block is very prone to breaking, they try to blow the jug off. I have broke several in half..
Don't worry. I plan up making up a girdle as soon as I have the head and jackshaft on and I can see where all my pickup points will be.

How much did you mill the piston to get 0 deck with your combo?
I'm actually not sure. I had Clements mill it for zero deck when he was boring the block. I can measure the height of this piston though if you want, I'm not sure on the height before milling though so that might not be much help.

Thanks. I'm thinking it should turn into the mid 9000s, so we'll see... Head should be here tomorrow so hopefully I'll have some more updates soon.

Did a little more work this weekend. Powder coated the head. Seat pockets are cut for dual springs. 18cc head milled 0.050. 28.5mm intake valve and 25mm exhaust valve.

I'm curious to see what this makes for power. Will you be dyno testing the motor? I'm going to build the same build but with a honda motor I already have. Would be nice to get a ball park. Lol