Open Message of Thanks

To my Mini Bike Brothers and Sisters
I have been a member of the OldMiniBikes community for a year now and feel compelled to ask you to allow me to spend a couple of minutes standing on the proverbial soap box.
One day last August, I picked up an ugly green DB30 at Dick’s Sporting Goods while goofing around with my grandson. I had not seen an Old School Mini Bike since I was a teen ager…and trust me that was quite a while ago. (Did I mention I was shopping with my Grandson?) I was having a great time blasting around the neighborhood, but as anyone who frequents this site knows, I needed to get more out of the experience.
Enter OldMiniBike.com.
I came across the site by accident last October, joined and found myself addicted to learning more about the possibilities surrounding a hobby I had abandoned 30+ years earlier.
First I needed to go faster…cjtmini upgrade kit
I needed better tires…Jed’s Tires, at Chris’ suggestion
Better Stopping power…Hydro Brakes at the recommendation of Joemamma, RudeDog and Strigoi
I needed to look cooler…countless pictures and suggestions, left me stripping off the fenders and powder coating the frame black
I needed a second Bike so I can ride with my Son in Law…someone says Pep Boys have Red Ones…
The Upgrade process starts all over again…
One the Kids and Wives can ride that won’t kill them…A third DB30 with no upgrade…(When will it end)
Bottom Line, This site has been a wonderful resource full of great people and fantastic information surrounding this addiction we all seem to have.
Sure, sometimes it is a forum for those who seem happier to complain instead of helping, but they are quickly reminded what this is all about…having fun and encouraging the sport/hobby.
I ride a Road King....But have as much fun on my Mini
Thanks to the tireless efforts of the site administrators and everyone who has made this a great experience over the last year…
Thanks!
Seeker:rockon:

I too must express my gratitude.

I just finished up my first build and I learned 90% of EVERYTHING from this forum

Thanks guys......you gave me a MUCH needed hobby

-Logan

I wanted to say thanks as well. Long time lurker. Tons and tons of info here, just need to search for it =D

just bought a 6.5 and will swap when i buy the kit:scooter:

Last edited:
Hmm im thankful as well for the information presented on this web site. The people here are very helpful. All-though some of them complain about my punctuation and spelling.

I couldn't agree more with the content of Seekers post. My experience parallels his only I bumped into my first mini at a Checker in March 2009. My family has four of these now. :thumbsup:

Hey MXMatt,
Let's see some photos of your stable of Minis
A happy family rides together!

And Milo Raptors...Is that your 8-ball and Indian?
Sweet
And what year is the Strat?
I'm a Gibson Man myself...

Few people who have the same ideas and concern's get along with each other. I have been a Supporting Member for a year, coming up in November. I have learned alot. Mostly, that the people who reside here are for the most part friends. I would like to give a shout out to;

Hent
Striogi
JimH
GTO
Manxter Paul
Charles aka, MDB
Evil Ed
Mac
George3
JD
Darryl

And, to all the other's who make this place fun. I am not the one who started this site, however I am glad to be a small part of it! I hope to be around for awhile.

May the rides be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people mentioned were not always friends, they became friends by being Honest!

TT :doah:

And Milo Raptors...Is that your 8-ball and Indian?
Sweet
And what year is the Strat?
I'm a Gibson Man myself...

Well the 8 ball is indeed mine its a Kikker 5150 Hardknock Bobber 110 im quite experiened with it as well. The Indian isn't mine i wish it was though i'm only 13 so can't own one yet. The thing about the strat dont think if you were talkin to me but i happen to own one its gloss black and its serial # is MZ4054305. I like Gibson to myself and i have one got it when i was 5 years old is a Les Paul Pee Wee. Me and my dad have a for "fun" guitar its an Ibenez with a flowd Rose Tromolo and its fun to play with but a pain in the ass to tune and restring