Other Hobbies

Dragging shit home from the flea market that I absolutely dont need
Having my young daughter help me drag the shit I bought out of the flea market out to the truck
Watching my wife roll her eyes over the shit I drug home with my daughter from the flea market
Making fun of my neighbor for looking like a homeless person
People watching at the local grocery store
Minis
Classic cars
Vintage power tools
Vintage bench vises
Vintage fans
Old shit (AKA shit I bought at the flea market that my daughter helped me drag to the truck)

When i was little it was matchbox cars and legos and gokarts and bicycling. Still into the diecast cars and gokarts and bike ride almost every day. Then got into jeeps when i was a teenager and still into them as strong as ever. Hobbys that came and went include rc cars, roller skates, scroll saw. I guess metal detecting is on that list now as i havnt done it in a few years. Same with the minibikes they have been sitting around but I suspect ill be back into them eventually. Also into old european cars for the last 15 years there is still plenty I keep an eye out for but they take up alot of space/ money/ and time so not as easy of a hobby. Scrap metal is always a fun hobby and dumpster diving. Sometimes house cleanouts thats like hitting the mother load each one keeps me busy for like 6 months going through and dispersing the stuff

I find items for those who either don't have the time or don't want to get their hands dirty. I prowl scrapyards and "collectors" sheds/barns.
Clean out hoarder sites. Scavenge stuff from old 1970's back auto junkyards. Schoolbusses are often a treasure trove.
No artistic vision but I love helping repurposers with their dreams.
I don't collect anything, Find it...Buy it....Sell it.
A few acres or buildings full of junk has me smiling all day. IWife says I can smell junk 5 miles away.
Only hobby I have.

pomfish

Mini Bikes, Go carts, Volkswagens, Fishing gear, Chevy 55'-72', Flashlights, Schwinn Bicycles, and Rock n Roll
Like your list!

Check out Budget Light Forums for Flashlights, big deep rabbit hole :)
https://budgetlightforum.com/
You want any older (5-10yr) ones when they used thicker metal to Mod, LMK as I have over 150 easy and now pretty much only buy smaller ones.
Selling small batches cheap and they work.

Love how Schwinn bikes always seem to be in with many mini bike/go kart guys. And the VW's
Also antique cars/Tools have to be in there too.

pomfish

Guess I should post my main list;

Slot Cars (HO mainly, some 1/32)
Mini Bikes some Go Karts
Guitars Amps Pedals
Flashlights/Lanterns Mainly LED but some Vintage bulb
Vintage Stereo
Vintage Picnic Canteens
Vintage Ice Cream shop blenders ,etc.
Antique Cars
AutoMobilia
Industrial Yard Art

I've had a wide range of hobbies over the years, including photography, hiking, playing musical instruments, knitting, and even beekeeping.

I74

I just re-foamed my 15" Infinity woofers. they should be good 40 years.
Yea,, you probably noticed the Infinity's in the 2nd pic of my prev. post. ;)

Woofers on those are 12's,, & I refurbished those foam surrounds also.

Wifey actually worked for Infinity & KLH out in Boston back in the late 70's.. & built the crossovers ect. for them. :cool:

First pic with my Bass rig,, that 15'', is a ''killer'' Eminence legend 500+ watt.
That cab also has a custom wired & switched ''capped'' Piezo,, I pretty much configured with the rest of that ''custom'' rig.

Hi fi stereo components are all pretty much ''early 80's'',, quality ''Japan made/ pretty much bullet proof'' stuff,, & still work just fine.:)

I

Last edited:

I74

I remember al those,, & built @ least the ''Rommel's Rod''...

Those Monogram kit's were the best,, & also made in Ill. USA !!

Added,,

Can't even imagine what all the ones would be worth today still sealed up,, if we didn't ''blow them up'' down @ the old ''Glory hole''...

Vicious cycle that was...
Go mow lawns ect. for 5 bucks,, then off to the Hobby shop,, & a week later,, blow them up & do it all over again .....

Last edited: