Outlaw Ace's Trailblazer

I'm finishing this bike this weekend, got some trail 70 fenders that I'm planning to use on it. They are beat up but they are chrome, free, and they fit the contour of the tires. I have the controls mounted and a big 30 amp chrome toggle for a kill switch, the Predator is in place but the throttle has yet to be hooked up. I need to install the chains too. Bout done and it's going to be a ruffian but I like the overall look. Gonna use cap nuts atop 1/4 20 bolts to fill the extra fender holes. I will ride it while I look for some 6" Manco wheels with the proper spacer and a good sprocket or Astros if I can get a good sprocket for them, I'll do a band brake then and put the Azusalites on a yard kart that doesn't need perfect wheels. I'm hating the wheels and brakes but it's what I have. I have yet to spend a cent past the $40 Kenny special which I'm also hating. The seat is fine, just not on this bike. I'm having a big ass tuck and roll seat made for it by my boat seat guy when I can get with him on the particulars. I'm not doing any more minibikes for a while after this, gonna enjoy the summer with my kids and load the DBs for a few trips to the lake. I'll take this bad boy too to test it in the sand and the hills with the tall traction tires. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Sounds good Outlaw Ace, that is what minibiking is all about. That is what I plan to do this summer as well. Hope you enjoy yourself. :thumbsup:

Finished

All done, went for several shake down runs and no issues. Fenders turned out OK, I'll get used to the seat till I can get the one I originally wanted finished. I will of course put a cheater spring on the Predator's arm to get the revs up for more top speed. I like it.:thumbsup:

Looks good Outlaw Ace. :thumbsup: Those CT70 fenders really fit great, they are nice and close to the wheels. Looks like the perfect rider. Nice work, I am sure you will get lots of enjoyment out of it. :thumbsup:

All done, went for several shake down runs and no issues. Fenders turned out OK, I'll get used to the seat till I can get the one I originally wanted finished. I will of course put a cheater spring on the Predator's arm to get the revs up for more top speed. I like it.:thumbsup:
QUOTE]

There is a "STOP" screw on the predator throttle linkage that you can back out some that will allow the motor to rev higher and still use the governor. I will try to snap a picture of it tonight if I remember, if you take the airfilter box off of it and look around you will find it. I backed mine out like 3 full turns and noticed it has some more top end then it did before.

QUOTE]

There is a "STOP" screw on the predator throttle linkage that you can back out some that will allow the motor to rev higher and still use the governor. I will try to snap a picture of it tonight if I remember, if you take the airfilter box off of it and look around you will find it. I backed mine out like 3 full turns and noticed it has some more top end then it did before.
The cheater spring is my thing, kind of a screw you to the guys who remove the governors all together. I use a 50 cent spring and get 5000RPMs out of one where one could only get 5500 without valve springs. Yeah I'm familiar with the stop screw, I remove mine and let my spring reign the governor in and away it goes. I cannot explain or demonstrate it due to site policies though.:thumbsup:
Ace

Looks good Ace. elaborate more on the fenders What are they from ? I have a Trail Horse I am working on and its missing a fender. Always interested in options :thumbsup:

Looks good Ace. elaborate more on the fenders What are they from ? I have a Trail Horse I am working on and its missing a fender. Always interested in options :thumbsup:
Thanks Paul. They are Honda CT70 fenders but don't get me lying on the year, I drilled the holes on the side and used nuts for spacers then put bolts through the extra holes and ran some flanged nuts down on em. It's a rough old bike but that was my intention, it runs very well and I've been riding it since completion. The blue DB is getting dusty. I'll search for some inner sprung Trailblazer or Horse forks to ease the bumps some but it's been on the road and will be mainly. I have off road bikes though.

I feel I must get a header that accepts a muffler, the box muffler traps too much heat and I cant stand that. The spring and a gear change will give me the top end I desire. I will get a Murray header if it fits since the Predator is destine for my Track2 come winter and the Trailblazer will go flathead. I have a bushing or bearing 5hp briggs to choose from and will run an NOS flojet carb and header. I have a NOS Clinton chainsaw gas/oil tank that fits the nook forward the engine perfect, just have to make a mount. Thought I'd run a copper line from it to the carb and a smaller copper line for the oil side with a petcock and drip oil on the jackshaft gears to oil the chain. Another small outlet to add oil to the engine or use it for burnt up bearings out on the trail so you can get home. I want to make it an all purpose machine and have looked into adding shocks to the extra jackshaft holes and hinge the seat then perch it on a rear spring mount like many seat sprung bikes. I will look funky but my ride will improve greatly. I have enough extra parts to do near anything I want include build a few more minibikes, I'd maybe have to buy cables and a few odds and ends but that will all happen in winter. As I have said I'm resting a while. My final project will be to fix a leaky tire on my blue DB and install the Honda GX200 carb Grant rebuilt and rejetted for me since my hands barely work most days. Good guy Grant is, many good folks here and I'm here to stay. Went ahead and got a Supporting Membership to help Hent out and get more access and storage. I lost two supporting memberships to bannings and wont make the same mistake three times, I read the rules and knew I'd lost my $ too but there is a price for being an Outlaw!:thumbsup:

buckeye

Nice job on the mini bike and your personality. I like the way outlaw ace says what the other guy knew. Great well explained advice!

Looks like a great rider for sure :thumbsup: I was kinda on the lookout for someone using the azusalite wheels front and rear how are they for build quality with the sprocket and everything? looks like a good setup

fistfullabar

looks great ace:thumbsup:

i'm trying to rebuild the exact same bike, can you point me in the right direction? i'm a newbie to the rebuild process and would appreciate any info