Pack cycle

This mornings project.
The origional wheels are pretty bad. So I came up with a Baja 19X7X8 rear with drum brake. And a Mini Doodle front wheel and tire.

The engine is a 5HP B&S.

What do you think?
Bullhead

This is the before;

This is after,so far;

Last edited:
I was thinking of using one of these Jack shaft plates. (If that's the right term?) They came off the Baja Warriors. But I'm not sure if they are any good to use. I think they just take the place of a jack shaft.

The frame has really be butchered. And welded badly. It will need a lot of grinding.

The frame is, cold rolled steel. From the 1960's. You hit it with a hammer. And it sounds like a nice ping! Compared to one of the Manco or Baja's. That go dah!

Bullhead

Last edited:
I have no doubt this little trail scooter. Is made out of cold rolled steel.
I'v gone through a 4 1/2" cutoff wheel and a grinding wheel already!

Bullhead

james c

I was thinking of using one of these Jack shaft plates. (If that's the right term?) They came off the Baja Warriors. But I'm not sure if they are any good to use. I think they just take the place of a jack shaft.

The frame has really be butchered. And welded badly. It will need a lot of grinding.

The frame is, cold rolled steel. From the 1960's. You hit it with a hammer. And it sounds like a nice ping! Compared to one of the Manco or Baja's. That go dah!

Bullhead

i have lots of jackshaft parts available

Just a few more weeks to Dream weekend in California! So I'm scrambling to get this PackCycle done.

Stripped the B&S shroud last night and painted it. Cleand up a lot of the little engine.

Cut a lot of needless steel off the PackCycle this morning.

Got my back MRIed at noon. Not good news! Oh well.

Later I will grind off more. Then start sanding. Hope to get some paint on it by tomarrow night.

Just got to figure out what size of chain and sprockets? Can anyone help?

This is probably a trail repair. I will clean it up.
Guess I should expand on that. You can use a light welding rod. Jumper cables and a 12v DC battery to weld. Crude....but works!

Bullhead

Last edited:
Thanks Papa!

I really don't want to write what the verdict was.

I'm going to pull that jackshaft plate off the jimmidongg engine tonight. Get it cleaned up. But what do I do for a tensioner?

Bullhead

Thanks Papa!

I really don't want to write what the verdict was.

I'm going to pull that jackshaft plate off the jimmidongg engine tonight. Get it cleaned up. But what do I do for a tensioner?

Bullhead
There should be a spring loaded tensioner with a plastic or teflon roller :thumbsup: I hope you are goin to be ok :shrug: