Paint question

Sorry for all the recent questions (most of which are ignorant newbie ?'s), but I've jumped into this mini-bike thing and have a bike that needs some work. I hate letting things be 1/2 A$$, so I am trying to fix/replace everything in bad shape so that it will be perfect come fall/winter where the riding is really good (please note that I'm in Texas where it's 110 degrees right now).

Anyway, I plan to pull everything off my bike and have it powdercoated towards the end of the year, but for now I want to kind of spot paint it. It's in fair shape, but has little normal knicks/scratches in several places. Rather than having to tape and cover a bunch of stuff in order to spray it, I thought I'd ask and see whether anyone can recomend a good paint that I might be able to brush on and/or whether this is a stupid idea. Again, I'm planning on redoing everything within the next 6 months, so this is just a temp fix.

Thanks.

Hent

dont bother painting it. waste of time & money if you're going to powder coat it in the near future.

just ride it til you're ready to get it powder coated, then ride it some more.

paint gets chipped easily. i did my Cat a few times (rattle can) and after a couple of hours of riding it was full of chips and random scrapes. i gave up and don't give a shit about how it looks anymore.

for basic colors like like black,red or white i use rustolium primer and paint.it really holds back old rust from seaping through.then a protective clear coat.cheap and looks great and is semi tough for new scratches