Paint !! What can we use that fuel wont wash away?

old shed finds

After a fancy jet black spray with $ 8.99 dollar a can do do crap paint we look down to see this??? Its pretty ugly especially next to a 12.95 new 3hp Briggs sticker....
Help guys what paint works?

Attachments

Automotive paint with a catalyzed curing process. Acrylic enamel most closely approximates the original paint, but there are urethane based single stage paints you can use as well. And you can use most paints as a base coat and then shoot urethane clears over them. Also, some rattle can paints you can find that are fuel proof for RC planes and the like work. And a lot of the guys use that expensive two part paint in rattle cans as well. But no and I mean no, spray paint from a hardware store is going to be fuel proof. They do advertise themselves as "fuel and oil resistant," but so is latex house paint and lipstick. You got my friend Davis right there, and he is an expert at this stuff.

old shed finds

Automotive paint with a catalyzed curing process. Acrylic enamel most closely approximates the original paint, but there are urethane based single stage paints you can use as well. And you can use most paints as a base coat and then shoot urethane clears over them. Also, some rattle can paints you can find that are fuel proof for RC planes and the like work. And a lot of the guys use that expensive two part paint in rattle cans as well. But no and I mean no, spray paint from a hardware store is going to be fuel proof. They do advertise themselves as "fuel and oil resistant," but so is latex house paint and lipstick. You got my friend Davis right there, and he is an expert at this stuff.
Yea you and Davis are the top job guys at paint work Davis is a good friend of mine too..... Very nice top condition bikes in his collection.

I would not even think about painting with automotive catalyzed paint unless you also invest 400-1000+ in a remote air breathing system And a supplied air resperator or better yet a tyvek suit and hood With nitrile gloves. I did, and that’s why I can still do it. There are some newer less toxic paints just becoming available. Note: I am NOT a Safety Nazi.

it might not get you immediately, but I read that about 1 in 20 people are -immediately- sensitive to the common catalyst.

https://www.bodyshopbusiness.com/your-lungs-your-skin-your-life/

for my white Tecumseh's I use summit's (kerker) single stage white. you need to use a hardner and a good respirator. I always paint outside and use my harbor freight respirators. When doing any two stage painting inside a closed area then I use my forced air respirator.

bbiggs54

I would not even think about painting with automotive catalyzed paint unless you also invest 400-1000+ in a remote air breathing system And a supplied air resperator or better yet a tyvek suit and hood With nitrile gloves. I did, and that’s why I can still do it. There are some newer less toxic paints just becoming available. Note: I am NOT a Safety Nazi.

it might not get you immediately, but I read that about 1 in 20 people are -immediately- sensitive to the common catalyst.
Probably worried about covid too...