PAP's - Renegade - (Anything Goes)

That is a work of art right there. I don't see anything wrong with it just as it is. I would clear coat it and let it shine for what it is, Art.

There is such a thing as to much bling or color or polish.

That's way to sweet to cover up with powder or paint.

Doug

Not so sure you want to go with super chrome p/c, unless you've had good luck previously. My coater will not do parts in super chrome because it does not adhere as well and doesn't yield as good a finish. I can only share what I was told...and for the quality of work I generally get, I trust his opinion. That cover would look great polished, but certainly understand the time it'll take.
I've had excellent luck with the super chrome. I done the wheels on my grandson's Bird, and they came out looking like hi polished aluminum. Besides that, if they don't come out good, I found a fast way to remove it.
One of the reasons for coating is that the aluminum in the pots is 3000 series, and the connector panels are 6061....3000 being softer. This makes for a slight difference in color, and polishing characteristics.

I've had excellent luck with the super chrome. I done the wheels on my grandson's Bird, and they came out looking like hi polished aluminum. Besides that, if they don't come out good, I found a fast way to remove it.
One of the reasons for coating is that the aluminum in the pots is 3000 series, and the connector panels are 6061....3000 being softer. This makes for a slight difference in color, and polishing characteristics.
Makes sense to me.:thumbsup:

I got to take it out for a test ride yesterday, and all I can say is WOW! This thing is wicked fast and scary powerful! I don't know why anyone would need to hop up a Predator......this thing scared the livin' Schlitz outa me. :scared: I had no idea of the torque this set-up would produce. If I had one of these when I was a young man, I'm sure I'd been in a lot more trouble.
I was warned that it might be a wheelie machine, but that part is actually very controllable, probably due to the weight of the front end and the wheel base. Rolling along at 10 mph, it will still break the tire loose when I nail it in my stone driveway. The only thing that bothers me, is the vibrations, and I know I can't do much about that. But, I will say one thing for sure....these brakes work EXCELLENT!
I'm pretty happy so far, as I didn't find any other problems. Nothing fell off, no dragging or scraping. The suspension is a little on the stiff side, but I'm confident that a little grease here and there and some break in will help that.
The only thing left I wanted to do is construct a battery box, and after that it's time to tear it down and break out the crayolas.

Well, I noticed a fuel leak yesterday, at the inlet on the carburetor. The little mickey mouse fuel inlet tube is smaller than the 1/4" fuel line I was using, so I hastily made an adapter with some of the original fuel line and a small length of brass tubing. It worked fine at first, but once it set overnight the rubber swelled causing less tension on the clamp. I figured I would nip this problem in the bud and convert the inlet to 1/4". I pulled the factory tube, and was surprised how small the passage hole was. I ended up drilling the inlet tube hole out and tapping to 5/16-24. I had to drill the hole at a slight angle for clearance of the flare nut. I then made a fitting to screw into the carb with a male flare on the other end to mate up with an angled flare fitting to a 1/4" hose barb.

This is the final thing I had to fab up...a battery box. The profile and the mount are done, the side panels are gonna be a surprise. I've started the tear down for paint and powder coat.

I've been kinda doing a piece at a time as I tear it down, so I don't get parts scattered all over. I started powder coating the smaller parts and was having real good luck till I ran out of powder. I did a lot of parts in super chrome, which came out excellent, till I switched clear coat.I was running low on the super chrome powder and the clear coat so I ordered some from powder buy the pound. I had been using the super chrome from PBTP, because it was cheaper, and the clear from Eastwood, because I already had it. When I was low on the clear, I knew I probably shouldn't mix the 2, so I went to the PBTP clear on the next heat, and that's when things got goofy. After I filled the lines in with candy blue on the center support, I blowed some clear on that and the screen. For some reason, the clear came out with orange peel and seemed dirty. I wet sanded the center bar and polished it and it seems up to par now. Any how, I went ahead and blowed the super chrome on the cover, and it looked fine coming out of the oven, so I hit with the clear and popped it back in. When I pulled it out, It looked kinda "frosty"......like the clear never flowed. At first I was pissed off, but the more I looked at it, it kinda grew on me. The finish has a texture that makes it look like a sand casting with a shine. A happy accident, and I'm leaving it be.

I can finally say this thing has some color. I spent all week powder coating all the small stuff with only a few minor set backs. The paint came in yesterday so I was excited to get the frame and tank painted. I took the time to construct a rotating paint fixture for the frame, and some fender jigs. I cut everything in with small detail gun, to get into the tight places and make sure I had coverage everywhere, then went to the big gun and laid some serious paint on. Every thing looked like a million bucks, so when I ran out of mixed paint, I went ahead and cleaned up the spray guns and called it good.
Time for a celebration brew, :drinkup:so I uncork one and go back to take one last peek........and just sure as shit, the freakin' paint gremlins snuck in and put runs on both tank halves.:doah: What a pita! At least I can get some of it together, the tank will be about last to go on anyway.
I'll post pics tomorrow....right now I'm too busy scrubbing the blue paint outa my beard.:cursing:

I got to take it out for a test ride yesterday, and all I can say is WOW! This thing is wicked fast and scary powerful! I don't know why anyone would need to hop up a Predator......this thing scared the livin' Schlitz outa me. :scared: I had no idea of the torque this set-up would produce. If I had one of these when I was a young man, I'm sure I'd been in a lot more trouble.
I was warned that it might be a wheelie machine, but that part is actually very controllable, probably due to the weight of the front end and the wheel base. Rolling along at 10 mph, it will still break the tire loose when I nail it in my stone driveway. The only thing that bothers me, is the vibrations, and I know I can't do much about that. But, I will say one thing for sure....these brakes work EXCELLENT!
I'm pretty happy so far, as I didn't find any other problems. Nothing fell off, no dragging or scraping. The suspension is a little on the stiff side, but I'm confident that a little grease here and there and some break in will help that.
The only thing left I wanted to do is construct a battery box, and after that it's time to tear it down and break out the crayolas.
PAP...Rub baby powder on the sides of your T/C belt, that stopped the chatter and vibration on mine. Hope it works for you. Beautiful bike you have there!!!

I had a little time today to clean up the shop after all the painting and what not. Got the paint outa my mustache, but still got a "Smurfish" hue on my hands. Got an area cleaned off for initial assembly, and this was far as I got.......