parts for my Dune cycle.....

please show me some pics of what you got and maybe I can match it up...It has the longer seat. It has the bottom fork but that's it...Handle bars aren't attatched to anything

wjustice

Perhaps there is some confusion here. Sperry Rand, dune cycle, Alsport, etc. Theses are all different manufacturers of three wheeled atv's from the 70's. Also from what Ive seen, Tri-sport, it was made by Alsport. It seems to be a catchall name for all of these but it isnt.

So you need parts for a dune cycle but post photos of a Sperry Rand. Sorry but I am totally confused of what you are looking for.
I need parts for a sperry rand tricart....I have nothing to hold the handlebars on ! I would like to buy a engine and put it on there without prefabbing the whole kart. That means I need all the pulleys and belts.I would like a engine with the gas tank in the back of the go kart to start...seems a 4 stroke might work but would rather have two.

Sorry that I missed this thread earlier. Your unit is Tricub, not Tricart. Handlebars are held on with u-bolts. This wasn't too secure, so later aluminum blocks were added for better clamping. A basic 5hp Briggs flatty works best with little or no modification needed. Comet (or clone) 30-series torque converter. Tricub front.JPG Tricub handlebars.JPG
Tricub rear.JPG

Any of the motors should bolt up to the motor plate. I can't believe I'm saying this but, a predator will work with a Comet torque converter. If you just want to get riding this would probably be your quickest bet. Comet torque converter comes with the belt and pulley. Not sure if you need a series 30 or a series 20.

DonK

Will any of the standard 40 tooth sprockets fit the SPD differential pattern or am I going to have to make one? The final driven on this Tricub is toast. Thanks!

Will any of the standard 40 tooth sprockets fit the SPD differential pattern or am I going to have to make one? The final driven on this Tricub is toast. Thanks!
I'm not aware of any universal bolt pattern on the diff carrier, but it wouldn't be difficult to drill the sprocket to match the diff as long at the pilot hole is large enough. Most off-shelf industrial sprockets I've seen have pretty small pilot, so this would likely need to be machined too. BTW, I think std sprocket on the Tricubs are around 54 tooth. #40 chain. The 9 tooth jackshaft sprocket is normally worn out on these units, but replacements are pretty readily available at industrial supply houses or McMaster. https://www.mcmaster.com/6280K632/

Any of the motors should bolt up to the motor plate. I can't believe I'm saying this but, a predator will work with a Comet torque converter. If you just want to get riding this would probably be your quickest bet. Comet torque converter comes with the belt and pulley. Not sure if you need a series 30 or a series 20.
A predator motor would probably work ok too at long as the body doesn't restrict access to the fuel fill too much. An original type Briggs 5hp with rear-mounted tank is well suited for this application. It looks like the original engine mounting straps are gone from this unit, so any engine transplant will require some mods.

Capture6.JPG
The 5hp and 8hp Tricubs originally had Comet CAT99 torque converters which are virtually nonexistent now. There are still some CAT99 belts around, if you can find the right length. I've used 20-series as replacements for CAT99 on a few Tricubs with good luck.

DonK

I'm not aware of any universal bolt pattern on the diff carrier, but it wouldn't be difficult to drill the sprocket to match the diff as long at the pilot hole is large enough. Most off-shelf industrial sprockets I've seen have pretty small pilot, so this would likely need to be machined too. BTW, I think std sprocket on the Tricubs are around 54 tooth. #40 chain. The 9 tooth jackshaft sprocket is normally worn out on these units, but replacements are pretty readily available at industrial supply houses or McMaster. https://www.mcmaster.com/6280K632/
Absolutely right. There was a 40 tooth on the shelf that I thought came from the other Tricub. There's 54 on the 'cub.