PayPal

I have a question about PayPal I can't seem to figure out so I thought maybe somebody on here would know. When I link a credit card to paypal it won't let me transfer funds from the card to my PayPal account. Is this normal? And if so, how do you pay for things after linking your card to PayPal if you can't transfer funds to your account?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bandit 40

I use my bank account and cc for a back up. I've never heard of transferring funds from a cc either ,you just pay like your using your card.

They only hit your card when you make a purchase.

I use billmelater instead of my cards. It's a paypal company. 6 months interest free if paid in 6 months.

I use my bank account and cc for a back up. I've never heard of transferring funds from a cc either ,you just pay like your using your card.
That's asking for trouble. They can go in and out of your bank account at will. Even freeze your account. I set up an account with an online bank just for paypal. It never has over $20 in it. Check out paypalsucks.com for true paypal horror stories

I don't transfer/keep money in my paypal. I have my CC charged through paypal for all my transactions and never had a problem. I would never link a bank account to this directly.

bandit 40

That's asking for trouble. They can go in and out of your bank account at will. Even freeze your account. I set up an account with an online bank just for paypal. It never has over $20 in it. Check out paypalsucks.com for true paypal horror stories
HMM have to look into that ,I never knew that at all thanks :shrug:

Hent

HMM have to look into that ,I never knew that at all thanks :shrug:
It's true, they can hold you for what your accountable for, and freeze your PayPal account for up to 180 days or so?

If you do things like send money as a gift for parts, and then ask for them to get your money back because the seller flaked? -- you're abusing the system and of course they will take action for it.

I never send money as a gift, unless it truly is. I'll send more to cover the cost of the fee; It's not worth screwing your PayPal account up over a couple bucks. :shrug:

bandit 40

It's true, they can hold you for what your accountable for, and freeze your PayPal account for up to 180 days or so?

If you do things like send money as a gift for parts, and then ask for them to get your money back because the seller flaked? -- you're abusing the system and of course they will take action for it.

I never send money as a gift, unless it truly is. I'll send more to cover the cost of the fee; It's not worth screwing your PayPal account up over a couple bucks. :shrug:
Man I have never had a problem at all , I dont sell on ebay I never have just purchase. And have sent $ as a true gift only and I always send more to cover the fees that's just how I am. It looks like I have some things to change quickly :doah:.

Clayon, you have to set up your pay pal account to recognize your credit card account. When you pay for stuff, an option comes up and says something like "use different account for this purchase."

You then select which one.

Long ago, I made a Pay Pal purchase for some expensive wheels, using my credit card account. The seller flaked. (Ripped me off)

Between Pay Pal and the Credit Card company, I was able to get 100% refunded.

Both Pay Pal and Credit Card Companies (Banks) can not afford to let us consumers get ripped off to where we stop using these electronic transfers. Those companies would rather take the hit, then have us loose confidence.

CC transactions via pay pal are much safer than using your checking or banking account, as far as getting money back if you are ripped off. NEVER to I use my debit card (checking) for on line purchases.

Bikerscum

Once you hit a certain amount of purchases, $10,000 I think it is, PP will no longer let you use a CC for payment. They will require you to use a bank account. I did as the user above & opened a separate account just for PP, and transfer money into it as needed.

Thanks for all the help guys. :thumbsup: I'll just link my credit card and have it come off of there when I make a purchase instead of transferring money into my paypal account.

Thanks for all the help guys. :thumbsup: I'll just link my credit card and have it come off of there when I make a purchase instead of transferring money into my paypal account.
:thumbsup: Clay, just send me your CC acct # and your PP password and I'll hook it up for you. :laugh:

Free engine...?? Shoots, I'm still waiting for my free OldMiniBikes sticker:shrug:
I added my free motor request in the comments section....just in case they have a new guy stuffing boxes. :laugh: I ordered it Friday mid-day, and the package already left Vegas. Probably get it today. You can't beat that.

I need the chains for that Heathkit, as my grandkids are due to arrive from Reno this afternoon. The twins are 12, and I hope to have that bike ready for them. :thumbsup:

Just make sure you select your credit card when you check out. I had a bad habit where I would forget. Default is your bank account. They don't have to pay the credit card fees that way.

Ok I only linked my credit card, no bank account. It seems to work. Thanks for the help.

And Dave, I'll get you my password ASAP lol. :thumbsup:

Ok I only linked my credit card, no bank account. It seems to work. Thanks for the help.

And Dave, I'll get you my password ASAP lol. :thumbsup:

Cool! You want mine? The electronic card stealers seem to get ahold of mine on a regular basis. Glad you got it fingered out.