Perfomance built Hemi Predator project

i actually just fired the big one up the other day, for the first time since the build... am working on a chassis for it...

the only thing that really should have been done differently is an oring setup and groove... however, i am going to be checking the head to make sure it is completely flat, cause i hadnt double checked that.. and trying to get it to seal one more time... with a slightly thicker gasket... the engine is very very string and should perform well once broken in... maybe ill send it to Brad Hill and let him dyno it

i actually just fired the big one up the other day, for the first time since the build... am working on a chassis for it...

the only thing that really should have been done differently is an oring setup and groove... however, i am going to be checking the head to make sure it is completely flat, cause i hadnt double checked that.. and trying to get it to seal one more time... with a slightly thicker gasket... the engine is very very string and should perform well once broken in... maybe ill send it to Brad Hill and let him dyno it
You could have the block oringed too.. I have had good luck with it.. just one failure, but it was due to the block having a small part of a deck extension on it still.

You could have the block oringed too.. I have had good luck with it.. just one failure, but it was due to the block having a small part of a deck extension on it still.
i would have normally had the block and head done... like on my other two bigger bore engines... but the guy who did the sleeve misunderstood me and didnt leave the sleeve sticking up... so i decided to try to see if it would seal without the groove... instead of having it resleeved... i prob wouldnt have an issue if i lowered the compression a little... maybe ill have brad re sleeve it and groove the head, first doing a dyno run prior and to see if there is a difference...

i would have normally had the block and head done... like on my other two bigger bore engines... but the guy who did the sleeve misunderstood me and didnt leave the sleeve sticking up... so i decided to try to see if it would seal without the groove... instead of having it resleeved... i prob wouldnt have an issue if i lowered the compression a little... maybe ill have brad re sleeve it and groove the head, first doing a dyno run prior and to see if there is a difference...
I mean just cut the deck for a stainless oring.. its .041 thick, you leave about .010 out and run a copper gasket. My friend does mine, he can do it with the shortblock assembled.

I mean just cut the deck for a stainless oring.. its .041 thick, you leave about .010 out and run a copper gasket. My friend does mine, he can do it with the shortblock assembled.
It also means you don't need to bastardise a perfectly good cylinder head with a deep groove in it.