Performance Coil For Predator 212

Jockey

Does anyone make a performance coil for the Hemi 212 Predator engine that works with an ARC Billet Flywheel? I keep cooking coils after so many hours of run time. I'm thinking a lot of it has to do with running such high rpms?

old shed finds

This makes no sense to me either .have you changed the spark plug?
These coils just don't burn out..
I guess change your coil again and spark plug and inspect or replace kill switch. .

Jockey

This makes no sense to me either .have you changed the spark plug?
These coils just don't burn out..
I guess change your coil again and spark plug and inspect or replace kill switch. .
I have changed spark plugs as I have several autolite race plugs on hand. What would the kill switch have to do with it?

Jockey

Actually do you have pic of this engine?
Not at the moment. It's at the shop but I can take some next time I'm there.

It's got a lot of machine work done along with custom ground cam, lots of compression and head work, and the block was specially treated to make it stronger. It's got a ported slide carb with work done to it, fully blueprint and balanced engine, custom built crank, and too much money invested. It's a monster on race gas but I can't get this coil issue squared away.

When the coil starts going out, it will act like it wants to shut off under throttle. You crank the throttle and it sounds like you hit the kill switch and opened the throttle, just "baaaahhhhh"

Jockey

It took a lot of research to do the motor the way I wanted, along with the help of a friend who is a Formula 1 engineer, and a rocket scientist when it comes to engines.

delray

It took a lot of research to do the motor the way I wanted, along with the help of a friend who is a Formula 1 engineer, and a rocket scientist when it comes to engines.
well if your buddy is a rocket scientist, why hasn't he figured out the problem. hard to believe your engine is still making power over 10,500 rpms.
arc does make a pvl ignition for the hemi and that's good to 10,000 rpm's. my understanding most stock coils are good to only 8000+
what do I know...i'm just a gearhead.

well if your buddy is a rocket scientist, why hasn't he figured out the problem. hard to believe your engine is still making power over 10,500 rpms.
arc does make a pvl ignition for the hemi and that's good to 10,000 rpm's. my understanding most stock coils are good to only 8000+
what do I know...i'm just a gearhead.

For starters I don't see a reason for the sarcasm...

The engine pulls power the whole way to the top of the rpm band, just cause your engine might die out around 8k doesn't mean mine does. It dies out right around 10,500 rpm. My buddy has nothing to do with the coil, as he doesn't make parts for lawn mower engines. It's not like he's gonna make a custom coil, so your comment it irrelevant. He's the one that said you're probably killing them with the RPM and the magnets used in the ARC Billet Flywheel. My question was if someone made one compatible with with the ARC Billet Flywheel. I noticed they have one for the PVL Flywheel but I'm not sure if it works for the Billet Flywheel. I need to contact the manufacturer, unless someone on here knows.

delray

never said my engine dies 8000.
one thing that arc will tell you or ask you is where you set the coil gap. that too can create some problems. when you get it running right post some good pic's and video....goodluck

delray

The engine pulls power the whole way to the top of the rpm band, just cause your engine might die out around 8k doesn't mean mine does. It dies out right around 10,500 rpm. My buddy has nothing to do with the coil, as he doesn't make parts for lawn mower engines. It's not like he's gonna make a custom coil, so your comment it irrelevant. He's the one that said you're probably killing them with the RPM and the magnets used in the ARC Billet Flywheel. My question was if someone made one compatible with with the ARC Billet Flywheel. I noticed they have one for the PVL Flywheel but I'm not sure if it works for the Billet Flywheel. I need to contact the manufacturer, unless someone on here knows.
you will have to purchase the hemi/clone billet flywheel made for only the pvl coil.

When I wanted to go PVL on my Blockzilla build, I had to buy a PVL flywheel and PVL coil. I think the blue one is 10k rpm
The PVL flywheel is a different diameter than reg billet flywheel.

Coil gap is what is frying your coils. The ARC flywheels have an extremely strong pickup magnet. Try setting your coil gap out as far as it will go, then moving it in little by little until you have strong, consistent spark. some guys run as much as .095" ARC recommends .075

I like this guy people should just learn when to and when not to say something so belittling. Id love to see the prints behind the motor though, I can honestly say I think it's legit and bad ass